Gunsmiths in Nashville area

I've got a few projects that I've collected that all need some work. I've got 3 double action revolvers that all need work.

The revolvers are; Rossi .357 Mag hammerless long barrel that needs a new bolt and the hammer block doesn't function correctly, Rossi .38 Special snub that the hammer block doesn't function correctly and a Charter Arms .38 Special snub that I believe is missing a few small peices causing the cylinder not to rotate properly.

If someone knows an gunsmith that does work on revolvers I would appreciate the help. I figured I'd try out Guns & Leather in Greenbriar, but wanted to get some other opinions.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Hoster -Complete Gun Shop- Gallatin- Info on web.

After using most of them them in area he is the only one I would send someone

to. Sam travels all over US working on collections. He is swamped with hunting

season. Great work and great prices.

Jeff at G&L in greenbriar is great. And Sam in Gallatin has a great rep as well, although I've never met the man or used him for any work. And there's John Wall at Eastside Gun Shop. He's done a little work for me on several revolvers and I've always been very satisfied.

He was, and I've already talked to him about doing the revolvers. I already have a few guns at his shop awaiting pickup. He's got my Great Grandfather Hamilton Mod 27 that is awating new wood and a nice rust blueing and I'm waiting to find another decent Mossberg 51M (:lol: that I can use to help rebuild another one sitting at his shop since he and I have been unsuccessful at finding a parts diagram.

I usually do all the work myself on pistols but for some reason I can't diagnose these to save my life. I've tried different hammer blocks in them and have looked for the right bolt, I believe the one that needs the bolt is a Rossi 712 model. Numrichs has bolts for $19 each but the model 70 has one bolt and the 720 has a different bolt. I'm about to order both and some new side metal. I'm just not fond of trying to fit new side metal to these things. That's why I figured I'd pay someone else to do it for me. I'm into all of these for nothing since I took them in on trade for work I did. So if it costs a bit to get them fixed I'll gladly pay it, otherwise I just have paperweights.