Henry Big Boy .44 Magnum Rifle

Guest odfanatic

Guest odfanatic

I recently went through a spell of wanting one of these.

Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right

I guess I liked the idea of being able to reload for it and my S&W. Someone told me to stay away however, and that a Uberti reproduction would be a better purchase.

That Mare's Leg is interesting too... Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

A couple of years ago I got a .357 Mag Henry Big Boy, about the same as the .44 Mag Big Boy. It seems to shoot great as best I can tell. It seems very well-made as best I can tell.

A minor quibble-- I wish the .357 Mag Henry Big Boy had a side-loading hatch rather than the top-tube-feed. On the other hand, the top-tube-feed seems to work fine and is easy to use.

Except for that minor complaint, the gun works great as best I can tell.

Shooting full-tilt-boogie .357 Mag ammo, it seems to spit out the bullets a lot stronger than from a .357 Mag pistol.

Guest odfanatic

Okay, nice. Thanks for the performance info. I like the look of the side load too, and it would seem like a little less trouble to just feed in cartridges like that when ready

I would probably just leave it plain, and get back to iron sight fundamentals. Seems like a scope on a rifle like this would ruin the nostalgia.

I have the Golden Boy 22 and love it. It is the smoothest 22 lever action I have ever handled. The octogan barrel and brass frame get lots of looks from other shooters.

The CEO of the company is really nice and if you don't like something he will send you free parts to fix it no questions asked.

• 7 months later...
Guest odfanatic

Howdy all! I hope things are well for you.

And I finally bought the Henry .44 Big Boy. I picked it up from Goodlettsville on 23 July. I've had it out to the range twice since then. I have no complaints with the action or quality of the weapon. Only thing that bothers me is the iron sights. They have to go!

If I wanted to design some iron sights that were hard to see, the ones that come factory on the Henry Big Boy would be hard to beat. I want to mount some ghost ring type sights on there instead. Maybe a tang sight?