Deer Harvest

I haven't seen any new post here lately on how everyone was doing deer hunting. I really haven't had much time to go. Been working way too much. Seen alot of deer taken while out and about, but haven't hunted. I really want to go. I just need to take the time to do it.

I'm still don't feel ready to hunt by myself quite yet. I have found someone who can go with me. Him and I just need to get on the same schedule! Working and all.......

So, how is everyone doing deer hunting?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamoxtwo
I haven't seen any new post here lately on how everyone was doing deer hunting. I really haven't had much time to go. Been working way too much. Seen alot of deer taken while out and about, but haven't hunted. I really want to go. I just need to take the time to do it.

I'm still don't feel ready to hunt by myself quite yet. I have found someone who can go with me. Him and I just need to get on the same schedule! Working and all.......

So, how is everyone doing deer hunting?

I just need to get out. Call me with a time I'm ready to go any day you need me....except next Wednesday lol.

Guest adamoxtwo

Why is it so hard to get laid? I'm telling ya if you can convince them to let you have at it there is always some guy trying to shoot you...some dudes can never win.

I can hear the Doe now

"Ya know the last guy that tried this got shot"

I am laughing so hard right now, I'm almost in tears! I keep telling the "young guys" at work, that messing around with someones "gal" is bad news!!!!

Wonder what that buck thought when that round went through his lungs...."dang woman... was that good or what?"

Edited by wd-40

I went after Thanksgiving and didn't see a thing. Went last Saturday and saw two Doe's. They were at 350 yards and in brush..couldn't get a clean look. They seem to be moving more in the late afternoon than they have in the morning so far...at least that's what my buddies with trail cams have told me. Gonna try again this weekend and see what happens.

Guest adamoxtwo

See I only have hunted evenings so far. I honestly think that it's all dependent to where you are hunting. I am hunting a field and a patch of trees that the deer bed down in. You can't get their early enough to get ahead of them in the AM so it's best to get out there around 1500 and wait a couple hours. They come almost like clockwork about 20-30 minutes before the sun sets. I don't have an Early morning spot that is remotely close.

Guest Kamikaze

I killed 3 last week, all between 4 and 5 PM. They are like rabbits behind my house. I don't think I spent more than 20 minutes walking around before I shot. One at 250 yards, 2 inside of 100. The last time I had a buddy with me. He killed one first, we field dressed it and started back to the house then I popped one before we got there. :shake:

They hang around my place and I see them all hours of the day. The dog wakes me all hours of the night telling me there are deer near the house. There is a fresh rub within 100' of the house. The UPS guy yesterday said he had a buck about run into him in my road leading into the house and that was about 14:00 hours. I watched a small buck following three does for about 15 minutes this morning about 09:00. So, they are moving at all hours. No, I don't hunt them.

So far we have pulled six off the property so far this season, all between 0930 and 1330 hrs.

Those hours seem so out of whack for me. I've heard other folks say the same times, but I don't do it. My big 10 pointer I got last year, I shot at 12:50 PM. I took the big spike the other day, as I have been sick, and didn't want to pass up a big bodied deer for the freezer. I am dependant right now to have a friend with me. Adamox2 has volunteered to go with me. That will probably wrap up my deer season. I hope he gets one of the big'uns that run the property, at least one of the fantastic does we have!