Walther PPQ and S&W M&P

dbla

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is not a You Tube Clown he does very good reviews JMO

I have a few of the pistols he reviews and agree with him.

I don't own the PPQ but looking at his free hand group at 15 yards

and the way he talks about the feel of it I might give it a good look at.

I don't know anything about the PPQ but the M&P is a fine weapon. I have a 9mm and a .45 that I shoot in IDPA and love them. I have a 9c that I carry. They feel good, shoot great and I have never had a single problem from any of them.

I daily carry an m&p. Its the 3rd I've had. I've not had a PPQ but I've had several p99's. They are very comfortable and have some of the best ergos of any gun. The trigger is the only drawback to the Walther's. The reset isn't very good compared to m&ps and there us no way to work them over. Add to that the difficulty of finding parts, sights, etc. and I just can't find enough justification to get the PPQ.

I daily carry an m&p. Its the 3rd I've had. I've not had a PPQ but I've had several p99's. They are very comfortable and have some of the best ergos of any gun. The trigger is the only drawback to the Walther's. The reset isn't very good compared to m&ps and there us no way to work them over. Add to that the difficulty of finding parts, sights, etc. and I just can't find enough justification to get the PPQ.

No easy parts to get would steer me away!

No easy parts to get would steer me away!
When I had mine a (3-4 years ago) Walther wouldn't sell anyparts except to qualified support centers and there was only one guy who could do the work outside of S&W. I believe he isn't doing service anymore and that it is all handled in house at Smith. If you have a Walther call S&W. DO NOT go through Walther. They are incredible difficult and eventually will send you to Smith who handle their work.
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. I just picked up an M&P9 from D&T. Thanks a lot to Smith for selling it to me. Great shop that D&T.

-Aaron

Great meeting you and I'm glad your happy. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the M&P. Now that I know you are a photographer, I expect to see same really sweet M&P9 pics that I can use for wallpapers! :dunno:

Guest The Highlander

I'm a little late jumping in, since you have already bought the pistol. However, I handled a PPQ a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed. The "feel" is subjective of course, but I really liked it. Also, the trigger reset is very fast. Not sure that the person earlier that commented on the reset was actually talking about a PPQ. They are faster than any of my Glocks. I may pick one up later.

Also, what's up with hammering Walther CS, and then bragging on S&W's CS? Odd since Smith does all of it....

I'm a little late jumping in, since you have already bought the pistol. However, I handled a PPQ a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed. The "feel" is subjective of course, but I really liked it. Also, the trigger reset is very fast. Not sure that the person earlier that commented on the reset was actually talking about a PPQ. They are faster than any of my Glocks. I may pick one up later.

Also, what's up with hammering Walther CS, and then bragging on S&W's CS? Odd since Smith does all of it....

Ah well, maybe I can talk the wife into a PPQ in a couple months.

Guest The Highlander

My wife is sold on the Ruger LC9 she currently carries. Great size and fit for her. Actually I like it too. My daughter is next up for a new pistol and since her first was a Walther P22, I'm thinking she may like the PPS for carry. The PPQ is larger and would be good for IDPA I think, but I don't think she will carry a larger gun. The PPS or LC9 or maybe the Beretta Nano (haven't seen one though). Heck, it is almost as much fun buying them guns as it is buying me one!

Ah well, maybe I can talk the wife into a PPQ in a couple months.

Congrats on the M&P dble, but you might want to have that discussion.

I was comparing the M&P and a XDm 5.25 at Shooters Edge for IDPA when the S&W rep showed up with a PPQ. Got to run all three side by side.

I honestly expected to like the XD to come out on top, but IMO the PPQ was way ahead. The reset is so short you almost can't measure it, and the trigger is tight and light. Off hand it was the most accurate of the three out of the box, at least in my hand. My wife just bought me one for Christmas, so maybe you can drop birthday hints to your wife.

The M & P was no slouch though, so I'm sure it will be a fine gun for you. Enjoy it!