Firearm Sales & A Democrat President ... Interesting Graph/Read

xRUSTYx

So,

I was looking over US Firearms Sales, and happened upon this link: U.S. Firearms Industry Today | Shooting Industry Magazine

Within the article is this graph (See Below) Both in 1993/1994 and in 2008/2009, firearm sales exploded. Coincidence? Don't think so .... '93 - Clinton was elected ... '08 - Obama was elected. Seems most people are scared their rights are about to be restricted/abolished when a Democrat takes the White House. Wish I could find a graph for ammo sales/production numbers as well, that'd be interesting :lol: I know there was a shortage a few years back (08ish) but I'd still love to see #'s!

Anyways, just thought I'd share! Feel free to discuss :)

Lead-chart11.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Too bad the article couldn't even guess the political elements. I bet there's a whole hell of a lot of left-wingers that participated in gun rushes.

I was looking over US Firearms Sales, and happened upon this link: U.S. Firearms Industry Today | Shooting Industry Magazine

Within the article is this graph (See Below) Both in 1993/1994 and in 2008/2009, firearm sales exploded.

Just a correction here - the information you've provided is not a representation of firearms sales but instead of the production data that is just below the graph you've linked on that site. There is no data presented on that page, that I could find, that showed official firearm sales numbers. It did provide a table of NICS Background Checks but does not state how many checks resulted in a sale of a firearm. If you use the NICS Background Checks as your gauge for looking at a correlation in sales then you will find there is no major up-swing between 1999 and 2005. But, all of a sudden in 2006 NICS Background Check numbers jumped by just over 1 million and have continued to climb at that rate per year to present date. And, for the record, Obama took office in January 2009 - two very, very long years ago - shy of the 2006 jump in checks.

Percentage of change in NICS Background Checks

2000 93%

2001 104%

2002 95%

2003 100%

2004 102%

2005 103%

2006 112%

2007 111%

2008 114%

2009 110%

What I do find interesting is that for every year since 1999, as that is as far back as data I found went, background checks sky rocket every December. Meaning either people are more giving of guns than we think, hunting is still a big deal and people are preparing for it a little late or, as I like to believe, there are more men going home during this time of year saying, "Honey, I got you a present for me!"

Sorry to spoil any fun. But I had to dig in to see for myself what the numbers were showing.