Carry and accident, what happened?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are able inform the officer on scene and they will secure it. (back up in MI when it was still a may issue state they followed me to the hospital, when I was not going to be released in time they contacted dispatch, took down my info and I was able to retrieve it with no problems the following day).

This is why I also carry my HCP right with my DL so if they have to go looking they will find both and hopefully put two and two together.

This has already been posted but it is a good question. What I do and have done is secure your weapon in my department's armory. When you are able to come get your firearm you sign on the property form saying it is released to you and that's it. If for some reason it makes it to the hospital with you security will typically secure it in a safe for you.

This has already been posted but it is a good question. What I do and have done is secure your weapon in my department's armory. When you are able to come get your firearm you sign on the property form saying it is released to you and that's it. If for some reason it makes it to the hospital with you security will typically secure it in a safe for you.

With or without your expensive bullets though?

With or without your expensive bullets though?

Hi, you have just been involved in an accident that has left you severely injured and immobile. You have cuts, scrapes, internal injuries, broken bones and possibility a brain injury. These injuries, along with your hospital room and board, meds, nurses, doctors, surgeons, x-rays, ambulance, god help you if you had to take a life force flight($$$$!), and the multitude of other 3rd party billers have left you several thousand dollars in the red, with no estimate of when you might be able to return to work.

In addition, your nice and shiny 201* vehicle has been totaled.... and, the other vehicle you hit is also totaled which you are going to be responsible for.

But, we will make sure that you get your $8.00 in bullets back when you are well enough to came pick them up.

:)

Sarcasm aside, I'd kinda like to know, too :)

A couple of years ago, me and a couple of friends were riding our motorcycles back from bike week in Daytona Beach when one friend went unconscious and wrecked his bike. The FL trooper took everyone's info and asked where me and my other friend were heading, we were going to the next exit and getting a room to wait to hear the condition of our friend who was being life flighted to Tallahassee. We had been there for about 45 min when the trooper came rolling up while we were unloading our bikes and said the ambulance drivers had found my friends SP101 on him and turned it over to the Trooper. He asked if one of us would mind taking possession of the weapon, that it would save him an hour of paper work and my friend would get his gun back much faster. I kind of doubt this is the norm but I am sure there is an SOP for medics and police for such situations.

Hi, you have just been involved in an accident that has left you severely injured and immobile. You have cuts, scrapes, internal injuries, broken bones and possibility a brain injury. These injuries, along with your hospital room and board, meds, nurses, doctors, surgeons, x-rays, ambulance, god help you if you had to take a life force flight($$$$!), and the multitude of other 3rd party billers have left you several thousand dollars in the red, with no estimate of when you might be able to return to work.

In addition, your nice and shiny 201* vehicle has been totaled.... and, the other vehicle you hit is also totaled which you are going to be responsible for.

But, we will make sure that you get your $8.00 in bullets back when you are well enough to came pick them up.

:)

Sarcasm aside, I'd kinda like to know, too :D

By god...this man speaks the truth! Seriously though...knowing that you at least don't have to spend another $8 on top of everything else should help :D

SD Ammo is expensive....$1+ per bullet on most and 12+1 = $13 plus tax....