uberti 1851 navy

laktrash

I've recently took an interest in the uberti copies mainly the navy 1851. I guess I watching too many westerns . Its one of those I don't know why I just do. Anybody have any imput. Somebody had one for sale on here several months ago. I did a search and can't find . Anybody remember who it was . Best I remember he was going put it back in the safe if he didn't sell it. I don't know how serious I am just wouldn't having one. " I think" but not in .36 cal or BP

http://www.berettausa.com/products/1851-navy-revolver-a-uberti/

Edited by laktrash
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought several Pietta's from Cabela's. To be honest, their prices are pretty hard to beat, even used.

Get a steel frame if you intend to shoot it, brass is pretty, but they stretch and aren't as strong.

I have had a few 1858 Remington Beals and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

It is not unusual to buy a base model plane jane Pietta from Cabela's for under two bills. I haven't seen anyone come close to that.

I recently got rid of my 1858s, but I would love to get back into them. That was why I didn't hesitate to sell them, someone wanted them more than I did, and they are rather easy to find cheap at Cabela's.

It is not unusual to buy a base model plane jane Pietta from Cabela's for under two bills. I haven't seen anyone come close to that.

I recently got rid of my 1858s, but I would love to get back into them. That was why I didn't hesitate to sell them, someone wanted them more than I did, and they are rather easy to find cheap at Cabela's.

That would be black powder correct ? I don't think I'm up to BP

Yeah, the 1851, 1860, 1861 and the 1858 are all black powder.

There are conversion cylinders for them to shoot cowboy loads though, which are still black powder, just a cartridge of it.

If you are wanting a cartridge conversion, you are into the $500+ range. Uberti does make those, however all modern firearms laws apply.

You have have a BP pistol shipped to your door.

BP is a lot of fun. That is half the excitement of it. They are inexpensive, and the learning curve isn't as bad as one would think. For god's sake, Yankees won The War of Northern Aggression with these, they can't be hard to use...

Josey wales used a 58 remington.

If you want to do cylinder swaps that is the way to go.

The 51 in .44 is the cheapest way to go.

If you want to shoot cartridges be prepared to pay more for the cylinder than the gun. They shoot .45 Colt smokeless or BP cowboy loads.

Edited by Mike.357

Josey Wales, the preacher, ah what's the difference, LOL ? Either way the .58 Remmy is designed for easy swapping of cylinders. I believe on all the Colts you have to pull the barrel wedge, remove the barrel, pull off the cylinder then reverse the process. but obviously :lol: WTF do I know? LOL

A Richards & Mason conversion will cost a pretty penny. You started out talking about a 51 Navy which go from less than a 150 and up. A converted pistol is about 5 bills. Taylor's & Company

Wild Bill Hickock carried a pair of Colt Navies tucked into a sash he wore around his waist for a gun belt. I pretty sure they weren't conversions. He would empty both cylinders everyday, clean and reload his pistols and return them to his sash ready for a gunfight!

Personally, both Preacher and Josey were bad ass, but Josey had better lines.

"Well, you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy."

Classics!!!

I have a Pietta 1858 Remington, that I treaded for here. Great shooting pistol and pretty too! I would love to get a .45LC cylinder for it at some point., maybe even two. But that's well over $500 I think.

Edited by Moped

A Richards & Mason conversion will cost a pretty penny. You started out talking about a 51 Navy which go from less than a 150 and up. A converted pistol is about 5 bills. Taylor's & Company

I hate it when I get on one of these whims, especially when I don't know anything about it.

There's one on GB local enough for FTF no tax No BG check bidding around $300 right now

I really just need to cool my heels, not like I got a money tree, but sure like octagon barrell also