Botach Tactical Issues

JReedEsq

Ok, so I ordered from Botach having heard previous complaints of spotty customer service. My order was a Glock sport/combat holster to replace one that I permanantly fixed to an undisclosed location and a pearce grip extension for a G26 mag. Both showed "in stock" on the website. I got an email last week saying the mag ext was backordered. I've called three times and emailed to cancel the extenion as I'd rather pay a buck more at a local shop than wait. The only reason I made the order in the first place is b/c I really like the Glock Sport/Combat holster (best bang for the buck and most concealable OWB I've tried) and I couldn't find on at a local shop. So I open the package today and the back of it says "L", sure enough they sent me the one that is for the .45/10mm and not the 9mm/.40./.357 size. I rechecked my email order confirmation and sure enough it says 9mm/.40/.357. I called today and of course was on hold and then got a voice mail. I re-post if they ever send me the correct holster and refund me for the pearce grip extension.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. It would be hard to count all the extra money I have spent buying from the Midways and Brownells of the world, but they have NEVER screwed me. Sorry you're having a problem with those folks. They seem to have some redeeming moments, then slip back into their old ways.

I use Midway more than anywhere else, but have a list of great vendors...

Midway

Brownells/Sinclair

Bravo Co.

Primary Arms

JoeBob

I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. All have decent pricing, and get the stuff out fast, usually same day. If it's backordered, they tell you.

I ordered a bunch of stuff on black friday and Midway had my stuff to my door Tuesday. Still waiting on everything else...lol I called Botach 4 times about a scope I was interested in. They didn't return any of my calls so I gave up and said screw it I'll buy it local. My messages said I was ready to order just needed to check whether or not it was in stock...basically all they had to do is call me back and they would make a $900 sale....guess it wasn't worth their time.

I checked my bank account. I was only billed for the holster, not the backordered mag extension. They obviously got my multiple emails and voicemails asking them to cancel the backordered item. It seems they could have taken two seconds to send an email acknowledging the cancellation. I just hope they don't expect me to pay postage to send the holster back to them since it was incorrect. Hopefully they'll send the correct holster with a return envelope in the package.

OK, so in response to my email informing them they sent me the wrong holster, they forwarded the confirmation email to me just a minute ago. No written correspondence whatsoever, just an email. I know what I ordered, the problem is that's not what was in the package. I'm just glad this order was something cheap and I have several other holsters I can use.

I have tried Botach on several occassions and it has never worked out well for me. Love the stuff they sell and for the prices but as far as Botach is concerned it generally is too good to be true.

You haven't seen the hassle yet until you start the return process. Not so much the returning part to them but getting all your money in a timely manner.

I had them bill me for something that was supposed to be in stock but wasn't. After a few phone calls I was told it could take weeks to get my money and that they would send a check. In the end I think they credited the account I used to purchase but not for a couple of weeks.

I have even had them on the phone to verify something was in stock when I hit the order button. A few weeks later and no item so I called. I was told the item had been out of stock for months even though the warehouse worker said they had thousands on the phone.

Just so you know the Botach company has some shady business practices. They are being sued by the Feds over some fraudulent contracts. One was a $300 million dollar contract in which they supplied Afghan coalition forces in Afghanistan with 40 year old Chinese made ammunition. Another recent issue with them is when they were selling Aimpoints as new that were actually surplus and that Aimpoint would not warranty.

They are suspected in money laundering schemes as well as illegal arms deals overseas.

Dolomite

Dolomite always seems to have the down low on everything! This will likely be my last transaction with them. They haven't responded to me at all. I don't have time to sit on the phone all day to return a $12 holster. I guess if they never response I'll just have to buy a 10mm. That's the only logical thing to do right? By the time this is over, their little oversight will cost me several hundred dollars. It would have been so much cheaper to buy from someone else.

Just so you know the Botach company has some shady business practices. They are being sued by the Feds over some fraudulent contracts. One was a $300 million dollar contract in which they supplied Afghan coalition forces in Afghanistan with 40 year old Chinese made ammunition. Another recent issue with them is when they were selling Aimpoints as new that were actually surplus and that Aimpoint would not warranty.

They are suspected in money laundering schemes as well as illegal arms deals overseas.

Dolomite

Wow, I won't even grace their website anymore...lol

I have tried Botach on several occassions and it has never worked out well for me. Love the stuff they sell and for the prices but as far as Botach is concerned it generally is too good to be true.

You haven't seen the hassle yet until you start the return process. Not so much the returning part to them but getting all your money in a timely manner.

I had them bill me for something that was supposed to be in stock but wasn't. After a few phone calls I was told it could take weeks to get my money and that they would send a check. In the end I think they credited the account I used to purchase but not for a couple of weeks.

I have even had them on the phone to verify something was in stock when I hit the order button. A few weeks later and no item so I called. I was told the item had been out of stock for months even though the warehouse worker said they had thousands on the phone.

Dolomite

REALLY great story, even if it does come from the NYT.

Supplier Under Scrutiny on Arms for Afghans - New York Times