• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the rite ammo one can just about leave the rifle at home out to 100 yards. back when my son and i practiced a lot he was bad with his. saw him hit the 4 in. end of cinder blocks 3 out of 5 times any day of the week without a bench rest at a measured 100. one needs to worry about over penetration in self defense though

I'm a big CZ fan (....rifles, pistol, and shotguns...). They been makin that stuff a long time. I've got an old eagle/swastika marked CZ27 with all the bluing worn off (...i would bet from ww2 carry and in someones overall bib pockets...) in 32 acp that is as great a shooter for a little gun as ive ever had. This little widow maker is at least 80 years old and doin a great job. Their aint any bad to report.

Enjoy your new CZ

leroy

Bad:

Do not dry fire it. You will eventually break the firing pin. Murphy says "sooner rather than later".

Some people complain the trigger bites them. Others never see it. Depends on how your hands are shaped, I guess.

Hammer drop safety sometimes isn't safe. Don't rely on it.

Use factory magazines. Aftermarket ones are crap.

Good:

Powerful, reliable, and accurate pistols. CZ has a reputation for making well-made firearms.

Spare parts are still pretty inexpensive. Get a couple of extra firing pins. US-made ones are actually better int his case.

Gleefully eats any ammo you find. SMG ammo makes great fireballs in low light!

Take care of it and your grand-children will enjoy it too! It's that well made!

Clever design is roller-locked, like a H&K rifle. Makes a strong action.

Last year, I finally found a good one for sale at the same time I had some money.

Really fun gun to shoot. Yes, they're loud...yes, the muzzle blast rivals a snub-nosed .44 mag...and yes, they're darn near as accurate as a mediocre .22 rifle.

I got mine along with reloading dies, some Starline brass, bullets, and.....A 9MM REPLACEMENT BARREL!! I couldn't believe the same mags handle both rounds. You can literally change it over from 7.62 to 9mm as fast as you can load a couple of magazines.

I wouldn't sell mine for twice what I paid.

I think they are great little guns. I've got two and they are both super accurate and ammo is cheap. And you don't have to worry about chasing brass, and it's a good thing because it will fling empties close to 20'. Sometimes my thumb knuckle will ride up on the grip and slightly press the safety which is just enough to keep the trigger from pulling. I've been wanting to take it apart and make the detent a bit more sure, but haven't done it. I'd buy another one.

Fun and hard hitting pistols,I got a couple of them too.I bought mine back when they were a little over a $100 and the ammo was about .09 a rd.It's amazing how ammo has went UP!Wish it would go back like it was,$80 for a 1000 rds. of 7.62x39.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good guns, bought mine for a lil over 240 with two factory mags and an EFA 2K holster as well as a generic shoulder rig and holster.

For those unfamiliar with the EFA series holsters, they were a spetsnaz and secret police holster during the 80's, to remove the gun you push it down and it both removes the safety and chambers a round. Very hard to find these days.

I picked one up Monday for $300. It had 2 mags, holster, and about 100 rounds of ammo. This is by far the best example of a CZ52 I have ever seen. It is obviously old, but could almost pass for "new". Every part id clean and smooth. The guy I got it from started with a good one and made it even better.

Good guns, bought mine for a lil over 240 with two factory mags and an EFA 2K holster as well as a generic shoulder rig and holster.

For those unfamiliar with the EFA series holsters, they were a spetsnaz and secret police holster during the 80's, to remove the gun you push it down and it both removes the safety and chambers a round. Very hard to find these days.

Those EFA-2K holsters are pretty cool. Interesting that they put an ejection port on the holster, so you can unload the gun w/out unholstering it. I've seen them for nearly $100 recently, so you got a pretty darn good deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey smokndav, do you dry-fire yours much now that you'v upgraded the firing pin? Does that new firing pin make it safe to do so?

I've been looking for a site where I can get new springs to hopefully lighten the trigger like you did. Got a link?

Harrington Products CZ-52 Competition and Replacement Parts This is the link to harrington products. Great stuff that really transforms the the gun and makes it safe to dry fire. He does not sell the recoil spring but tells where to get it. I recommend the competition firing pin option.

Note: I did get a bent firing pin with the 1st order. they quickly replaced it with a good one. It was not noticeable but was sticking in the hole at the small end. Spun it in my lathe and could see the bend (warpage from heat treat)

I forgot to add the pic. The top one has the extended slide release, Harrington f/pin kit, extractor, rollers,etc. Hogue grips and mag extension. The bottom one just the Harrington parts and grips. I would like to try a set of checkered grips. These are pretty slick but with a shooting glove no problem.