The P380 Returns ......

Fourtyfive

Back from the factory , well the pics tell the story , not real happy about the access panel , it is crushed. I am going to call them and see if they will send a new one , have to wonder if the screw is going to grab plastic when a new one is installed....I really love this pistol , just wish I could get it right.

Image1-1.jpg

Image2-1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call kahr ...

tell them you want the frame replaced PERIOD. They'll do it... Then offload it. If you still are iffy whether or not she's in good shape - trade her in at a LGS and pick yourself up an LCP. I've had (2) "iffy" guns that I just didn't feel safe handing over to another user. Therefore, I ended up trading them in. (1) of those happened to be my P380 -- Althought after I got her back I had no issues, I still couldn't sell to another member. I'd rather trade "iffy" guns in to dealers that have smiths' that can take care of :mad: Make's me sleep better at night!

I love this gun , I am going to email Kahr this weekend and send them a pic of the access door screw up. I will take it from there. I some how bet if I took it to the range this weekend it will shoot fine. Figures ...

I must be the most hopeful SOB on the planet .........

Edited by Threeeighty

OK , service prevails again , finally got in touch with Eoin Pryal at the factory last Monday , even though I got no notice of email foul they searched and say they never got my email.......

A new overnight label is in my possession , I am finally going to shot it tomorrow baring any more unforeseen holdups. Ian Burr called me as well from Kahr and is eager to see the access door after viewing the picture. I feel better now and have ordered a CM9 from Davidson's Gallery of Guns that will be here tomorrow. After shooting my MK9 and loving the feel of my P380 their triggers and accuracy have me hooked. Still a Colt and Sig fan though.......

That's strange, have looked at your pic and pix on site at Kahr, and can't quite make out actual screws (I see what looks like one pin which is similar to placement on the PM9) but if you say they're there then I'm sure they are.

On the PM9, that's not an access panel, and no screws to open it. It's a "blow out" panel to send force of a catastrophic overload out side before it reaches your hand or face.

- OS

Good Luck with the CM9, I hope it works out much better for you than the .380. I held and dry-fired a CM9 the other day at Eastside and it wasn't bad. Not sure I'd buy one though. My only experiences with Kahr were with a stainless K9. It was a good pistol--acurate and not too uncomfortable to carry and shoot. But I just couldn't stand the long trigger pull. Finally sold it and haven't looked back. Not a thing against Kahr products, just don't seem to fit my tastes and needs.

...... My only experiences with Kahr were with a stainless K9. It was a good pistol--acurate and not too uncomfortable to carry and shoot. But I just couldn't stand the long trigger pull. Finally sold it and haven't looked back. Not a thing against Kahr products, just don't seem to fit my tastes and needs.

I have a K9 Black and absolutely love that pistol. Admittedly, the trigger takes some getting used to, but once you do it is awesome...and I have never had a single hiccup with it no matter what ammo I feed it. :)

Talk about service , the doorbell just rang. I answered and there is my FedEx guy holding my P380 box. Replaced slide , barrel and fixed door. I had just mailed it on Monday once again all on their dime. Very happy with Kahr service ; don't know how you could beat it. Will have to head for the range.......