Guys show this to your wives

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Police said that around 7 p.m. Wednesday a woman was leaving the mall and going to her car, parked in the upper level Oasis area. As the woman got into her car the suspect slipped into her backseat and pulled a gun at her head.

Alright, just to play devil's advocate; How would having a gun help here? Planning to draw, aim, and fire at a man in your backseat that already has a gun drawn on you? I think some situational awareness would be more important than a firearm. :)

Alright, just to play devil's advocate; How would having a gun help here? Planning to draw, aim, and fire at a man in your backseat that already has a gun drawn on you? I think some situational awareness would be more important than a firearm. :)

agreed. Her having a handgun probaby would just make the situation worse when trying to pull it. having a HCP isnt a bad thing at all but knowing what to do in this situation is a must and a her having a handgun probaby wouldnt be beneficial!

My wife asked the same question about how having a gun in that situation would have helped. I told her that if she finds herself in the same scenario, she needs to run like hell screaming bloody murder. Gun be damned in this scenario. Pulling one on a guy who has you dead to rights from behind is an exercise in stupidity IMHO. Under no circumstances do you let him take you anywhere.

1. Her situational awareness sucked or was non-existent, as is common with so many people.

2. If he was behind her the whole time, and it was dark, how does she know he had a gun? Did he just tell her he did or did she see it at some point?. Not enough information in the article to determine that.

Pay attention to your surroundings.

Something I received that seems to be a new tactic as of late is this. Don't really like posting new tactics for bad guys to pick up but this is another tactic to get into a person's car.

After a car is parked the bad guy places a piece of paper on the back window. After shopping the lady enters car and sees paper on the back window as she begins to back up. Lady places car in park and exits the vehicle to see what the paper is. As she is out of her vehicle to remove it the bad guy enters car and drives off. What makes this most effective is most times the lady leaves the car running and their purse inside when they exit to check the paper.

Dolomite

My wife asked the same question about how having a gun in that situation would have helped. I told her that if she finds herself in the same scenario, she needs to run like hell screaming bloody murder. Gun be damned in this scenario. Pulling one on a guy who has you dead to rights from behind is an exercise in stupidity IMHO. Under no circumstances do you let him take you anywhere.

You do whatever you have to to survive. If I have no doubt that he's going to kill me if I don't do something, then, yes, I'm drawing my weapon. At least I have a chance, even if it's dumb luck.

NEVER give up.

Guest peacexxl

"NEVER give up. "

+1

Also, my wife and I both have our carry permits and we both agree that the responsibility of carrying has increased our situational awarness a great deal.

Respectfully disagree with that mentality. If you are choosing to make a move for your concealed weapon (thereby needing to remove it from concealment first), you're quickly removing all options from the attacker's repertoire except the one that involves you taking a bullet. I'm definitely not saying that you run every single time, but in this scenario the perp still has the option to evacuate the scene on foot or in your car without attracting anymore attention to himself if you take off running. Once you or your wife start removing safer avenues for the scenario to come to and end, bad things will likely happen and the odds don't appear to be in your favor since you already have a gun trained on you. I still haven't mastered the ability to freeze time like they did in The Matrix. I can't imagine that me choosing to draw my gun against a person who has already done so ends up very well for me.

#1 is situational awareness, but stuff still happens. Statistically, leaving your present location with an attacker is a certain bad outcome. Yes, this was an exception, but I think at the initial point one has to became violently agressive. Better shot, stabbed etc at a crowded mall than raped, beaten, stabbed or shot at a secluded location. Besides the perp is caught by surprise and loses control of the situation with a violent response. Just sayin', that's the training I have received and makes sense to me..