It has begun!

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Just arrived and has been highly anticipated for some time now.

It will end up being a 308 WIN. I have ordered a Lilja 1/10 twist barrel due in Jan. All the other specs are uncertain at this time but I know it will be a winner! In a few months I'll post again with better details.

I will say this.....if anyone is looking for a great custom action to start with for a real true custom rifle...this without a doubt should be on the short list.

BAT machine-standard bolt face/ 1.350 receiver contour (rem footprint)/ SS actionfirearms153.jpg

firearms157.jpg

I distorted the serial there.

firearms158.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Say it ain't so! Stepping back from the EBR's for some real rifle fun?

BAT machine is nice. One negative about high end custom bolt rifles is that the cost usually gets you all at once as opposed to a long drawn out AR build or should I say assemble, that you can spread the pain over many paydays.

Anyways, have fun with whatever you build.

Guest GunTroll

I'll keep it going. I finally got a new camera and tripod to take better project photos. Now if I can keep the wife from stealing it, I'll be lucky!

When its all done I'll get my friend Mark (member here) to take some professional photos of the completed rifle and post them as well.

Guest GunTroll
Wow. I just looked on their site and had no idea actions were that expensive. Should be a great build though. I can't wait to watch everything come together.

Tell me about it. The reputation for outstanding accuracy through shear number of competitive wins speaks volumes of just how well made they are.

Nice. Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the flutes/grooves on the bolt?

Does yours have cool lookin' flutes? Hmph, I thought not. ;)

Seriously, other than shedding weight I'd say it's cosmetic. You know, an effort to make you feel better for spending that much on an action.

That is pricey.....but you gotta pay to play. If you're like me once it's paid for, you'll never miss it. You will however, smile when you can't measure your 100 yard groups because they are all in the same dang hole.;)

I've seen him shoot....he still might need a short ruler. :)

I can't wait to get back and see this finished, unfortunantly for me a gun safe is holding up my gun buying/building for a little while. Good luck with the build B, I see the reason behind the PM now. I'm down for helping out how I can.

Guest GunTroll

Daniel, your a dork! ;)

Caster, Right on!

Chris, Stay focused at work!

Bkelm18, its cool looking. I have heard it also aids in not allowing the bolt to freeze inside the action in extreme cold temps due to less contact with the inside of the receiver and at the same time allowing debris/dirt to have a place to go. This rifle will only see pleasant mild days for use I'd say, so thats not a concern with this one. Plus, I'm far from being tacticool these days for rifles of my own (But I do have one or two :) ). I'll do what I'm asked for others however. I got spiral flutes on at least one other rifle's bolt. It is a cosmetic thing for me and if I can shave an once here and there, I'll take it.

Guest GunTroll

You go through all that trouble just to run them through an EBR? Hats off to you. You can look at it like practise for the real gun you'll get yourself one day ;) .

I'll keep it going. I finally got a new camera and tripod to take better project photos. Now if I can keep the wife from stealing it, I'll be lucky!

When its all done I'll get my friend Mark (member here) to take some professional photos of the completed rifle and post them as well.

I would be happy too BUT you need to keep the camera thief away!