Subject Matter Experts

I like the idea of having subject matter experts. Is there a (quick and easy) way to distinguish the specific area in which their expertise lies? Seems like it'd be nice if the tag was more specific than simply stating SME.

For example, say the survival forum SME posts in the law forum. All I see is the SME tag, I don't know whether that person is speaking with the SME voice, or is just some run of the mill yahoo, like me. B)

Just a thought.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

There's a sticky at the top of each subforum that has SMEs indicating the experts for that particular forum. I like this suggestion, "bringing intelligent voices to the front" was exactly what we were going for with the SME designation. The more information we can put out there the better. But, I am not sure of how it would be implemented in the forum software. Maybe the particular SMEs could change their user titles that show up directly below their names in their user profiles.

I expect we could publish a master list, too.

I typically use the "new posts" search and just surf through the results, so I generally don't see the sticky's at the top of forums. My first thought was to put 2 lines of text in the graphic with the specific forum listed under "Subject Matter Expert". Obviously that would be more work for the boss. I like the user title or signature idea. Some may have already done that and I just haven't been paying attention.