Music City Tactical Shooters - 12/3/2011 Steel Match

Guest gw2and4

Guest gw2and4

NEXT MATCH: Steel Match with Shotgun Side Match - December 3, 2011

105 rounds min pistol

28 rounds shot, 2 slugs for shotgun side match

Click Here for stage descriptions

Registration starts at 8:30 AM. New shooters meeting 8:45 AM. Start shooting 9:00 AM.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The steel match is open to all comers. There will be five or six targets and you will draw and shoot 5 times. Best 4 runs will count. There will be a class for most anyone. If you don't have a holster for your gun, you may start from "low ready" and take a 2 second penalty. You will need a gun rug(or similar)to stow your gun between stages. Rifles will need a "chamber flag". There are some at the range for purchase. Steel Match Divisions; •Rimfire Iron Sights •Rimfire Optics •Rimfire Rifle •Revolver •Pistol Semi-Auto Iron Sights •Pistol Semi-Auto Optics •Pistol Caliber Carbines

This is going to be a great match for both beginner and experienced competitor. Simple easy courses of fire, you will be scored on your best 4 of 5 runs on each stage. This match is also open to .22 rimfire, if you dont have a holster that will not be a problem either you will be allowed to come to the line with a cased pistol and start from low ready.

If you have been considering getting started in some type of competition this is the match for you, if you are experienced don't let the simple courses of fire keep you away. Come show us just how fast you are.

I am working on getting an official personal set of the "Steel Challenge" material to be included with any or all MCTS steel matches or any other club that is in need.

It will not be done before the end of this year.

New MCTS schedule will be out tonight with some minor modifications to the website.

Guest gw2and4

What shotgun load do you recommend? oo, bird, or smothing else?

Unless otherwise specified in the course description, it's typically birdshot. #7.5 or #8 shot would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Looks like a fun match. I hate I can't come. It's my wife's birthday. If it goes well maybe we can do it again some time.

I true birthday gift showing her you care is a day at the range. Don't you love her? This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Hey Rickey this was a blast. We had one wheel gun shooter. Four stages in all. The stages were 4 pieces of steel any order, from 7 to 12 yards, and one more piece as the "stop plate". So five total. Except the plate rack which was six. Shot each stage five times and counted the best four times. I hope this makes it on the schedule next year because I really enjoyed it. You would have been really good at it I bet.

Edited by Mechanic_X

all my plans to come out and i go and tear my right pinky from my hand when the attic stairs collapse out from under me thursday. keep me your prayers and i hope this does not affect my shooting. Doc says it will be a feww weeks before we know.