high standard 1911-a1fs?

Guest agt.dealer

Guest agt.dealer

hi all!i didn't wanna keep junk'n up other threads so here i am,ive been looking into 1911's for a while now and finally bought one,went to the gunshow today and sold my fnp40 10 feet in the door and found what i thought was a great deal!its a high standard m 1911-a1fs.i try to look it up by that modal number and rock island keeps popping up!!wtf?!so i kinda find out they are made by the same people?it was sold to me as like new with only 7rds. fired,and it really does look brand new for 350 cash!came with case and a "act-mag" 8rd. mag.is this a ww2 g.i copy?what parts will fit as up grades?front sight i milled but the rear is dovetailed!!struck me as kinda odd.did i get a good deal?how up gradable is it?thanks for your input!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agt.dealer
Consider any basic 1911 platform as a part swap out project because that's what we all do with our's. The wise shooter breake's the pistol in first and limit's themself to better sights and trigger as a first step.

already looking at a new slide so i can swap sights!!!!but will any 1911 g.i work?

Guest agt.dealer
Any good 1911 slide will work but may require minor fitting to work correctly. You don't have to replace your slide to install different sight's, just mill the correct sized dovetail in and use what you've got.

cool,I've already wondered if that could be done,wanna see if is worth doing it over a aftermarket upgraded slide dollar to dollar.good thing i only have 3 bills in it!!im about to drop 4 bills into to make it just the way I want it to be!knoxville area have any good gunsmiths?ready to order all my parts and wanna have it duracoated asap!!