Rock Island Arms 1911

jtmaze

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking at Bud's and several other online shops and no one has a listing for a metro arms. Could it be listed as something else. I am actually looking for a commander or shorter barrel for cc

Do a search on Bud's for "AMC" and it should come up. I just ordered a blued commander today from them.

-a

Cool man. I'll tell you that so far, I've handled the Metro Arms, the RIA's and the ATI's, the Metro Arms had a significantly better feel (quality wise) than the others. In the reviews I've been able to find on all of them, they're about equal in reliability... If I could have had my pick I would have opted for a Hard Chrome Commander I think, I ended up with a Blued... I'm a little iffy on the HC, I can't decide if it's too "thug life" for me... I like guns, but I don't think I like guns that bling.

I am the same way. I like to shoot and I love guns but the pretty ones usually don't work as well as the strictly functional ones. I get my quarterly bonus next week so that will be the decision maker!!! Probably the metro arms commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the same way. I like to shoot and I love guns but the pretty ones usually don't work as well as the strictly functional ones. I get my quarterly bonus next week so that will be the decision maker!!! Probably the metro arms commander.

I was gonna say we should go shoot our Commander's together when we get them, but you're a helluva ways from Nashville...

Yeah, my youngest daughter will be at AP in Clarksville next fall maybe I can look you up then. I am sure I will be making a million trips up there(wife doesn't think she will have empty nest. But I see it coming already.

Guest agt.dealer
I have a "high end" 1911 and two RIAs. They all work perfectly every time I pull the trigger and they're all more accurate than I am. . The more expensive 1911 is smoother and flashier but you have the option of customizing any 1911 to your heart's content. I have heard good things about the American Classic. It comes from Metro Arms and is from the Philippines as is the RIA. I wouldn't be surprised to find that they actually come from the same factory.

I got a high standard m1911a-1 at the show yesterday and after doing alot of searching and head banging on the wall i kinda find that my gun is now known as the rock island tx1911,so they are the same just mine was made a few years ago under h.s name!a.t.i is the same as well!!same guns!same plant!different names!maybe changed ownerships?trying to run serial #'s now to see if that gives any more in sight!but for the money they can't be beat!for a total of 700 or so i will have a full custom hand fitted duracoated bada** 1911 just the way I want it to be!!dollar to dollar you'll never beat it!!i will even put my money where my mouth is at the range next to any high dollar custom colt or better!!!lol