A Question

First a little back ground. A few weeks ago a friend of mine let a couple a guys go out to her property to shoot some guns. One of her neighbors comes down and trys to run them off, they tell them that they have permisson to be there and that she would there a little later herself to shoot. He's pissed but leaves.

Fast foward to Opening day of gun season she told them they could hunt out there, they go that morning and don't see anything. Come back that afternoon, haven't been there to long and the game warden, several actually. They said that they got a call saying that somebody was hunting over a baited field. Well they are looking around and found piles of corn here and there. So the guys said that none of the corn was there when they were there early that day. long story short they lost their guns and of now a court date. She thinks thta they arse hole neighbor may have actually been the one to put the coen out there then called the GW.

So my question is can I still squirrel hunt out there with out geting in trouble, because if I can I am just for the aggravation of said A hole. I know they will probably be called but I don't care as long as it is perfectly legal. If can't then I will just take a couple of shotguns and birdshot.:)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your friends might need the whiny complaints on file from said neighbor to help with their case.

Looks like you would have to make sure the bait was gone.

[h=3]Prohibited Acts [/h]

• Possession of ammunition except that as specifically authorized is prohibited while hunting. The use or possession and/or the accompanying of anyone using or possessing raccoon calls, squallers, weapons, ammunition, or climbers while training dogs is prohibited during training season.
  • The use or possession and/or the accompanying of anyone using or possessing raccoon calls, squallers, weapons, ammunition, or climbers while training dogs is prohibited during training season, except raccoon calls may be used during authorized field trials.
  • The use of dogs in taking or attemting to take deer or elk is prohibited. Taking or attempting to take deer being pursued by dog, or dogs, is prohibited.
  • Juveniles under the age of eighteen (18) are prohibited from using hadguns for the purpose of hunting.
  • No person shall make use of bait to take wildlife unless the bait has been removed at least 10 days prior to hunting.
  • Possession of firearms prohibited while chasing coyote, fox, and bobcat with dogs from the first Saturday in November through the end of the deer season.

Edited by pfries
First a little back ground. A few weeks ago a friend of mine let a couple a guys go out to her property to shoot some guns. One of her neighbors comes down and trys to run them off, they tell them that they have permisson to be there and that she would there a little later herself to shoot. He's pissed but leaves.

Fast foward to Opening day of gun season she told them they could hunt out there, they go that morning and don't see anything. Come back that afternoon, haven't been there to long and the game warden, several actually. They said that they got a call saying that somebody was hunting over a baited field. Well they are looking around and found piles of corn here and there. So the guys said that none of the corn was there when they were there early that day. long story short they lost their guns and of now a court date. She thinks thta they arse hole neighbor may have actually been the one to put the coen out there then called the GW.

So my question is can I still squirrel hunt out there with out geting in trouble, because if I can I am just for the aggravation of said A hole. I know they will probably be called but I don't care as long as it is perfectly legal. If can't then I will just take a couple of shotguns and birdshot.:D

Skeet shooting ?

Thanks pfries, I knew it was ten days after all gone, just didn't know if it pretanded to small game also.

That's my thoughts R_Bert.

Looks like some good ole load target practice. Maybe firecrackers but I don't think they are actually allowed in Madison County. Can't buy 'em so they may frown.

Edited by Sidinman
Thanks pfries, I knew it was ten days after all gone, just didn't know if it pretanded to small game also.

Looks like some good ole load target practice. Maybe firecrackers but I don't think they are actually allowed in Madison County. Can't buy 'em so they may frown.

Be careful with this, but a 1-liter water bottle, several chunks of dry ice (around here at Food City), and a dollop of water makes an *impressive* boom (shotgun loud). Just get it away from you real quick when you tighten down the lid.

You will get his attention real quick.

pick up the scraps before you depart.

Be careful with this, but a 1-liter water bottle, several chunks of dry ice (around here at Food City), and a dollop of water makes an *impressive* boom (shotgun loud). Just get it away from you real quick when you tighten down the lid.

You will get his attention real quick.

Tanerite

Yeah we are going Fri. and clean up everything. Need to move a camera over there, thought of that already. Got a buddy with some horses, so I'll grind it up and give it to him. Wish I had a little tanerite that would be fun. lol may try the dry ice thing.

Yeah we are going Fri. and clean up everything. Need to move a camera over there, thought of that already. Got a buddy with some horses, so I'll grind it up and give it to him. Wish I had a little tanerite that would be fun. lol may try the dry ice thing.

use pliers with the dry ice.

Where in Madison county? I grew up in NW Chester Co in milan now and I can always scare up some ammo to piss off a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in Madison county? I grew up in NW Chester Co in milan now and I can always scare up some ammo to piss off a jerk.

Just can't buy it in Madison county, firecrackers that is, so I think they might could give you a hard time if they wanted to. All I have to do is go to ChesterCounty, Magic Valley, Ducks Market, they sell 'em year round. Ammo is not a problem I reload several different pistol cal. plus I have a couple hundred rds. of 12ga. on hand right now. Just thought that some those large packs of FC

would sound like fully auto weapon to some untrained ear. lol

Deplomacy BEFORE Destruction. Ask the A Hole what his problem is, mind his own business kinda conversation. Then tell him things might get a little "warm" for him. Have your friend post a "Written Permission" required sign. Make sure everyone has a "permission" slip. Anyone caught without a slip (including said neighbor) has a real problem! Sounds to me like her neighbor is mad because "they" lost their hunting spot.

WD we don't know what his problem is he has alot more property than she does. But as soon as this little epsiode is over he is going to be woke up alot at the crack dawn. I already told her that I was going to ease over as close to his house as possible and still be on her place and make it sound like WW 3.

Deplomacy BEFORE Destruction. Ask the A Hole what his problem is, mind his own business kinda conversation. Then tell him things might get a little "warm" for him. Have your friend post a "Written Permission" required sign. Make sure everyone has a "permission" slip. Anyone caught without a slip (including said neighbor) has a real problem! Sounds to me like her neighbor is mad because "they" lost their hunting spot.

I would have to agree. This way if he is on the property he could be arrested for tresspassing. I thought the same thing that he was sneeking over and hunting it.

Went by today to clean up the corn, he had it poured out three neat little piles. Looks like he cleared the leaves back to make the ' like the deer wouldn't eat it right off the leaves. Found out that she has had the property surveyed, she is fixing to have the timber cut. My guess is that the line is closer to his house than he realized. too bad.lol

Just can't buy it in Madison county, firecrackers that is, so I think they might could give you a hard time if they wanted to. All I have to do is go to ChesterCounty, Magic Valley, Ducks Market, they sell 'em year round. Ammo is not a problem I reload several different pistol cal. plus I have a couple hundred rds. of 12ga. on hand right now. Just thought that some those large packs of FC

would sound like fully auto weapon to some untrained ear. lol

I have a buddy in Chester co where I grew up with a class 3 who has a couple of FALs he might need to site in in full auto. Nothing illegal about that as long as he is present.