Work concealed carry

I have never worked for a company that allows guns. Maybe a small business or privately held company, but having worked for an insurance companies as a loss control consultant, that would be a big red flag for insurance underwriting.

Edited by sigbrown1297
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is simple:

NO open carry,

For concealed carry, Don't ask - Don't tell

Many businesses have a no carry policy for their own employees but not for customers. They're afraid doing that would hurt business traffic! Don't think for a minute they don't run the statistics on the percentage of their customers who CC.

Edited by Proscene
add on

Dont ask don't tell on CC is fine with me and what I tend to practice.

I spoke to HR today. She called me and wanted to let me know that she had spoke to the president of our company and voiced my concerns and others. He said he would bring it up at the next board meeting as they were who put that no carry in our handbook. One of the owners is not gun pro but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my Droid X using Smoke Signals!

Guest TennTitan
Dont ask don't tell on CC is fine with me and what I tend to practice.

I spoke to HR today. She called me and wanted to let me know that she had spoke to the president of our company and voiced my concerns and others. He said he would bring it up at the next board meeting as they were who put that no carry in our handbook. One of the owners is not gun pro but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my Droid X using Smoke Signals!

Hopefully they will change it up for you guys so you can carry. I'm fortunate enough to be able to carry at work everyday. I work for a family owned company that is pro gun. There's 3 of us that carry everyday. It's very nice to know that I can go armed everyday. My boss basically just asks us to be responsible and don't as he quotes " Barney Fife it around"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dubaholic2

im a little late on the jump here, but i thought id chime in. i sell guns for a living, but cannot carry a gun in the store. i can leave it locked in my car, but i cant even carry in the store while im off the clock. this makes no sense to me, especially after the pawn shop shooting in clinton a few weeks back. i guess thats hr for ya.

im a little late on the jump here, but i thought id chime in. i sell guns for a living, but cannot carry a gun in the store. i can leave it locked in my car, but i cant even carry in the store while im off the clock. this makes no sense to me, especially after the pawn shop shooting in clinton a few weeks back. i guess thats hr for ya.

:):stare::stare::stare:

So you sell guns but can't carry. Wow. Where do you work.

We are still awaiting a decision from the board at their next meeting. As for me I have been carrying for several weeks now CC at work. If anyone has noticed they are not saying anything.

I try not to go against the rules but we have so much crime in our area and shootings every week that im not taking a chance. I just cant believe if Mr. Bad Guy comes in he is going to give me a chance to run to my car and retrieve my weapon.

I have never worked for a company that allows guns. Maybe a small business or privately held company, but having worked for an insurance companies as a loss control consultant, that would be a big red flag for insurance underwriting.

I help run a family business, never been asked about firearms in 20+ years.

It's written specifically in our company handbook, if you have a permit you can carry in any office or company vehicle wether open or concealed is per state laws. I'm glad to work in an industry(Forestry) that doesn't hinder my ability to carry. Especially since I spend a lot of time in area where people conduct nefarious activities (i.e. the woods)

I often open carry in the office in the same leg holster I use in the woods. I have done so in other states as well. No issues.

I do however conceal when meeting landowners for the first time, most have no issues but no need to put people on gaurd right away.

Guest uofmeet

Whats an employee handbook? We don't have one where I work. And sometimes they are required. I remember when memphis had the flooding, my boss showed me his judge since he had to boat over to the transmitter site. Although it would be used against snakes. Needless to say, I can carry at my work but I will still conceal. Also, if I have to go to the transmitter site, my wife tells me I have to carry. And she is the big boss as far as I am concerned.

I have some friends in the same line of work and at their transmitter site and their is a sign on every door that says "The operators at this facility is armed"

My company used to have no policy about weapons. So I CC all the time w/ no one knowing. Then someone went and asked about it. HR asked the president & he took it to the board. Now we have a NO weapons in company vehicles or buildings policy. We're a smaller company too w/ only 20 employees. Better off w/ don't ask, don't tell.

It's written specifically in our company handbook, if you have a permit you can carry in any office or company vehicle wether open or concealed is per state laws. I'm glad to work in an industry(Forestry) that doesn't hinder my ability to carry. Especially since I spend a lot of time in area where people conduct nefarious activities (i.e. the woods)

I often open carry in the office in the same leg holster I use in the woods. I have done so in other states as well. No issues.

I do however conceal when meeting landowners for the first time, most have no issues but no need to put people on gaurd right away.

Sounds like a place I could work!

Guest WingMan380
At my work place it's no badge, no gun. That includes parking lots etc etc.

Well you can take care of that by getting you one of them handy dandy HCP Badges!!! LOL! JK!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I've been successfully pulling off cc at my new employer over the last couple weeks. Even though I deliver food to a relatively decent area, there is still parts of that area that are not that great and would prefer not to. My LCR is with me nearly all the time now.

From my employee handbook

Employee Conduct Policy – Appendix A

Examples Non-Compliant Behaviors and Actions that will result in Corrective Action

Possession of firearms or other weapons on company property

Retaliation in response to any company action

I will say this, I wish the state of TN would pass a law that would allow individuals to go through additional ongoing training that would let people carry anywhere law enforcement personal can carry. I think if you put in the effort, time and training you should be able to carry anywhere at anytime.

When I worked for Amazon during orientation and plastered right on the door was the fact they allowed no weapons, which I reckon is no surprise. As far as my current job I honestly am not sure, though I'm going to assume no it's not allowed.

Were you one of those "temp to Perms" that got laid off Christmas eve and told the job had been seasonal all along? My sonin law was hired on as a temp, told it was temp to perm and then got laid off, fired, or what ever you want to call it he ain't got a job any more.

I ended up quitting but yes I was actually part of the first group of temps brought in. I LOVED the work, but for me they didn't know if they were coming or going. Heck, the first day I started I got training for work in a specific area. The next day I'm working somewhere where I've not had the tiniest bit of training and expected to just figure it out pretty much.

Things like that were a constant problem. I felt like I did more wandering around than working honestly. I'd be told to go do something, soon as I go to do it I'd be told to go off and do something else. When I could actually get a task, work on it, and concentrate on it I was the happiest guy in the world. But it felt like that rarely happened.

I never expected to get on if I stayed anyways, but it was good extra money working two full time jobs :) I miss that now due to my firearm addicton... Lol.