Ruger 1911- A question

Geno

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say that I love mine, and I shoot better with it then any other handgun I've owned, and that includes a Para P14. I can't speculate as to the reason for the lower cost because honestly, there was no reason to.I looked at a good few reviews online, including Hickock45s video, and I read one of a gunsmith who had literally done everything he could to try and make one jam, shooting it wrong, feeding every kind of ammo he could find, that type of thing and he couldn't produce a single jam. I've put 250 rounds through mine in one sitting with no jams and I know somebody else had a thread awhile ago about putting a large number of rounds through in a short amount of time without any jams.

Guest bkelm18
Anyone owning a Ruger 1911 that can comment on them ? They are less expensive than other USA 1911's and I'm wondering why.

Thanks in advance for replies,

Geno

Basic GI models are generally cheaper than one with bells and whistles, which is what a lot of other American made 1911s come with.

I was fortunate enough to get one straight from Ruger for a dealer incentive thing program. I will say it shoots fantastic. That being said it's the only 1911 I've owned personally. I've shot others but I wouldn't say I've shot them enough to really have a great feel for the 1911 platform as a whole. I will say I wish they hadn't bead blasted the gun because mines already shown holster wear from where I carry it about once a week. I kinda wished it didn't have the loaded chamber peep hole in it. I'm glad they kept all the danger and warnings the ruger has been know to put on guns to a minimum. There's a small place on the dust cover.

Guest Volfan615
I beginning to think Ruger 1911's are a myth. Have only seen them in pictures. Never seen one at a gun show and at any dealer around here it's "we had one the other day".

Specialty Arms II in Lavergne had one several weeks ago when the Ruger sale was going on.

Long haul from Knoxville, but Benton Shooter's Supply has a display unit in their case (NOT FOR SALE). Looks like it's been handled a lot. :rolleyes: The Salesman said they hope to have one/some before the end of the year. I was starting to wonder about this "mythical creature" as well.

p.s. ~ They have the price listed well under MSRP.

Saw one a few weeks ago in Chattanooga at Shooters Depot

And I bought one a few weeks ago at Shooter's Depot :D (It was at their Ruger Days Event).

I can say that I love it ... no problems at all after about 400ish rounds. Any inaccuracies that I've noticed have come from me jerking the trigger or anticipating the recoil etc etc ... (user error). I have 3 1911's and this one is my favorite. The trigger pull is very comparable to my Kimber Ultra TLE ... light and crisp. The Ruger rep told me at the store that all of them ship with the same awesome trigger pull.

I have some footage of me and my friends shooting the gun that I will hopefully upload to YouTube soon. But as other people have stated already, simply finding this gun for sale is the difficult part.

Entry level in the 1911 world means that the gun will function reliably. High end in the 1911 world means that you traded your car for a gun that only works part of the time.

Lmao, I have yet to buy my first 1911 but have shot a few...and from all the different ranges reports online of new 1911s that people buy, what you say couldn't be truer.

And I bought one a few weeks ago at Shooter's Depot :) (It was at their Ruger Days Event).

I can say that I love it ... no problems at all after about 400ish rounds. Any inaccuracies that I've noticed have come from me jerking the trigger or anticipating the recoil etc etc ... (user error). I have 3 1911's and this one is my favorite. The trigger pull is very comparable to my Kimber Ultra TLE ... light and crisp. The Ruger rep told me at the store that all of them ship with the same awesome trigger pull.

I have some footage of me and my friends shooting the gun that I will hopefully upload to YouTube soon. But as other people have stated already, simply finding this gun for sale is the difficult part.

Haha i bought the other there 2 days later

Guest spoolie
What exactly does that mean? I've always wondered; does it have anything to do with important things, like reliability and accuracy, or does it just refer to bell and whistle type things?

To me it means this....chocked full of MIM parts, good shooter but cheap made.

Guest spoolie
But to most shooters, even non-entry level, MIM will last their lifetime. unless your competitive or shoot 10,000 rounds per year, it's irrelevant except the gun costs less.

Some of us shoot that much...or more. :)