CZ 75 SP-01 range report.

Will Carry

I traded my Glock 36 for a CZ 75 SP-01. The Glock 36 is a fine concealed carry gun but it would pinch a blood blister on my pinkie every time I shot it plus I have other carry pistols that a like more, so it was gathering dust in my safe.

The CZ 75 SP-01 is an all steel copy of the Browning High Power with a few improvements. It has Tritium night sights and uses 18 round magazines (take that California!).

At the range today I shot 200 rounds of 115gr target ammo through it without a hitch. WHAT A GUN!

Pros:It is a very well made pistol. It has a long sight radius and weights 41oz empty so the recoil is mild. I was smiling ear to ear as I watched the hole on my target get bigger. It is as much fun to shoot as my 1911, maybe more.

Cons: This is not a concealed carry gun. I think it's heavier than my Colt 1911. The trigger is a little gritty and not as good as my 1911 but I have heard it will break in. You can get a trigger job on it for less than $200 but not much less. I will stick with the trigger it came with. The Tritium night sights are great in the dark, but not as visible as my Glocks. They are good enough to make one jagged hole at 21 feet.

d59066f04f1a0edb1dbd0af8bb30bf2a.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I traded my Glock 36 for a CZ 75 SP-01. The Glock 36 is a fine concealed carry gun but it would pinch a blood blister on my pinkie every time I shot it plus I have other carry pistols that a like more, so it was gathering dust in my safe.

The CZ 75 SP-01 is an all steel copy of the Browning High Power with a few improvements. It has Tritium night sights and uses 18 round magazines (take that California!).

At the range today I shot 200 rounds of 115gr target ammo through it without a hitch. WHAT A GUN!

Pros:It is a very well made pistol. It has a long sight radius and weights 41oz empty so the recoil is mild. I was smiling ear to ear as I watched the hole on my target get bigger. It is as much fun to shoot as my 1911, maybe more.

Cons: This is not a concealed carry gun. I think it's heavier than my Colt 1911. The trigger is a little gritty and not as good as my 1911 but I have heard it will break in. You can get a trigger job on it for less than $200 but not much less. I will stick with the trigger it came with. The Tritium night sights are great in the dark, but not as visible as my Glocks. They are good enough to make one jagged hole at 21 feet.

d59066f04f1a0edb1dbd0af8bb30bf2a.png

I agree 100% . The CZ SP01 is a monster of a gun and a work of art . I bought mine from JG55 on here and it is one of my favorites. It is heavy but it will make up for the weight in it's accuracy and reliability. I cant say enough good things about the SP01 . You can even carry it "cocked and locked" like a 1911.