Anyone have a Glock 30 with a Supertuck?

IggyBcool

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a Glock, but do have a Supertuck. I moved the forward clip 2 notches up and the rear clip one notch up so the gun sits lower with a touch more cant. That helped prevent the butt of the pistol sticking out quite so much. Just fiddle with it until you're happy.

"Cant" is just the angle the gun sits at. It's independent of the "clock position" where you wear it around your waist. "Zero" or "Neutral" cant has the gun with the barrel vertical.

holster1.jpg

"Forward" cant has the gun tilted so the rear sight is forward of the muzzle.

quick-snap.jpg

edit... here's a better picture showing cant angles...

cants.jpg

Edited by peejman
Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

As far as clock position, you're going to be looking for a comfortable spot after 3 and before 5:30. Basically, you want to carry behind your hip (minimizes bulge), but not in the small of your back (not the appropriate holster for drawing from that position). Needs to be comfortable, but in a place you can easily reach and draw.

I do have the G30 and the Supertuck. Both clips are set one hole up from the bottom. It works really well for me. If you are still having printing issues, you may want to try one of the 9rd mags. They help quite a bit.

Quietguy hit the nail on the head ! If you use the 9rd mags the G30 becomes almost an inch shorter in height and this really helps with reducing the print. The 9rd magazines have a flush floor plate like the Glock 26 and 27 . The "normal" G30 mags have that huge base plate and I hate it .