M&P 9

c.a.willard

Picked up my new M&P 9 today from QTS. 421 and a little change out the door. Man do i love S&W militarry and LE pricing and i got a 50 dollar mail in rebate. Went to ge it on thursday but i had yet another NIC's delay. One of these days im gonna stop being lazy and do a VAF to get a NIC's PIN. Unfortunately had to miss out on shooting it this weekend because of the delay and man was the weather perfect for it. Hopefully the weather holds until next weekend if not i guess ill just head down to G&L and use the indoor range. So any upgrades i should consider. Im debating the apex trigger i guess i'll decide that after this weekends but dry firing it there wasnt much to really make me want to spend the money. A little gritty feeling but not much, i think that may releive itself after a couple hundred rounds. reset wasnt terrible although not quite as easy to feel. I think im kinda spoiled on triggers from my kimber. The M&P fits my hand better than just about any pistol ive ever held and points well. All and all im really happy with this purchase so far and looking foward to the range time with it. I may do a range report on it this weekend, undecided right now.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Picked up my new M&P 9 today from QTS. 421 and a little change out the door. Man do i love S&W militarry and LE pricing and i got a 50 dollar mail in rebate. Went to ge it on thursday but i had yet another NIC's delay. One of these days im gonna stop being lazy and do a VAF to get a NIC's PIN. Unfortunately had to miss out on shooting it this weekend because of the delay and man was the weather perfect for it. Hopefully the weather holds until next weekend if not i guess ill just head down to G&L and use the indoor range. So any upgrades i should consider. Im debating the apex trigger i guess i'll decide that after this weekends but dry firing it there wasnt much to really make me want to spend the money. A little gritty feeling but not much, i think that may releive itself after a couple hundred rounds. reset wasnt terrible although not quite as easy to feel. I think im kinda spoiled on triggers from my kimber. The M&P fits my hand better than just about any pistol ive ever held and points well. All and all im really happy with this purchase so far and looking foward to the range time with it. I may do a range report on it this weekend, undecided right now.

Apex Tactical internals. Especially the DCAEK kit. Install some and never look back. Trigger will be so much better after.

The DCEAK will get rid of the grit. It's caused by the trigger bar dragging across the square edge of the firing pin safety plunger. The replacement plunger from Apex is rounded off some, and smooths it right out. The DCEAK also moves the reset point back, and really helps with keeping the gun on target. The break is lighter as well.

I also installed the APEX RAM kit in mine. You will feel AND hear the reset if you install it. Not as well defined as a Glock, but definately there.

I don't care how good it feels new - it WILL feel much better after APEX parts! I did nt go "all the way" and install the DCEAK kit, I went with a hard sear and USB... all I can say is that when I bough my second M&P (in 45) it got the same treatment. I live in Nashville, if your interested in checking it out just let me know!

I also love the M&Ps just be aware of your dept. policy on these apex internals, they could get you in trouble if you ever need to use it.

I'm military not LE (well sorta I'm an MP) but thats a debate for a whole nother thread so carry policy isnt something im concerned with. with all these responses though i think ill give the APEX parts a try cant really find a reason not to. And who said you cant buy happiness.

Thanks, i have a philosophy of whenever possible giving my money to a local gun store it usually has to be a really major savings to convince me to buy from online distributers.

Try Tn Gun Country on Ft.Campbell Blvd . It is across and down from Hardee's . They may be able to order one for you . The owner is David Beta . Very nice guy and the whole staff is very good on gun information. One of the guys on this forum , "graycrait" works there and he can help you out . I have gotten David to order stuff for me plenty of times. They give 10% off for active military too .

" Graycrait" is a S&W M&P Armorer .

Thanks, i have a philosophy of whenever possible giving my money to a local gun store it usually has to be a really major savings to convince me to buy from online distributers.

Good philosophy. There are some products with such low markups that it's more of a service to the customer than a profit making transaction. I'm guessing that Apex is one of those. They'll do it to get you into the store if they're a savvy shop owner, even if they only make a couple of bucks on the deal..

I had Dave at D&T check to see if he could order the Apex parts I wanted. He really tried but couldn't get them (I don't know the reason). I ordered from Midway also.

Unless the distributor just ran out we can get them at D&T.

I happened to talk to Dave today and he told me that was exactly what happened, his distributor was out of stock.

Well, they are available today. We can get the full kits or the individual parts (most of them). Just let us know if you need them and we'll get here in 2 or 3 days. :(

Well, they are available today. We can get the full kits or the individual parts (most of them). Just let us know if you need them and we'll get here in 2 or 3 days. :(

Don't forget the RAM kit. Nice upgrade. I think you have to select the right one depending on whether or not you have a mag safety.

Just ordered them from Midway wends night. Should have waited to see some more of the responses for who in the area had them, but i'm a little impatient. I ordered the DCAEK and the RAM. Should be waiting for me by the time i get home. So as long as they get here when there supposed to i should be able to get them installed prior to hitting the range this weekend. Thanks for everyone's responses. Best part of hitting the range this weekend is that i have a prescheduled excuse not to have to go see twilight with the wife.

Received the DCAEK and the RAM in the mail today. Man were you guys right. The trigger break is crisp and there is almost zero overtravel, the reset is nice and positive and audible. Definitely well worth the monmey. Depending on how well this thing performs at the range tomorrow i may have my kimber warrior posted for sale on here later.

Received the DCAEK and the RAM in the mail today. Man were you guys right. The trigger break is crisp and there is almost zero overtravel, the reset is nice and positive and audible. Definitely well worth the monmey. Depending on how well this thing performs at the range tomorrow i may have my kimber warrior posted for sale on here later.

Did you replace the trigger spring, or leave it light?