Feedback for next build:300 blackout or 458 socom

jcoosi

I have been doing reading on the 300 blackout and 458 socom threads.Im on the fence so I was just wanting to get a general idea if it was you doing the build which way would you go.Im leaning more toward the blackout route right now.Thanks to all

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

Between the two, I'd go SOCOM, too. Like the previous two posters I'm also biased since I'm a SOCOM shooter. It was a tough choice for me between the Blackout and the Spectre. I ended up going with the Spectre because there's more knockdown for the hogs I'm shooting with the heavy .338 bullet traveling at 1050 fps.

Of course, I'm sure I'll add a Blackout to the lineup at some point. I'm kind of drawn to collect the whole set.

Thanks guys! I did some reading on the .338 spectre and it may just be the ticket for right now.I wanting to step up into the suppressor world and like stated its kinda the best of both.I also would like to have one of each eventually.

Thanks guys! I did some reading on the .338 spectre and it may just be the ticket for right now.I wanting to step up into the suppressor world and like stated its kinda the best of both.I also would like to have one of each eventually.

No personal experience with it, but have read that is supresses well, better than the .458. It that was my priority, I probably would have gone that direction too.

i just got finished with a 7.62x25 build already had a 300 blackout and whisper .the little tok round is great and very quiet when ran through my awc 9mm can .i built mine on an ar platform used a 1/12 twist and shoot 30/30 170 grain bullets 11.5 inch barrel

• Admin Team

That's good to know. I'm looking pretty hard at the TiRant .45.

i just got finished with a 7.62x25 build already had a 300 blackout and whisper .the little tok round is great and very quiet when ran through my awc 9mm can .i built mine on an ar platform used a 1/12 twist and shoot 30/30 170 grain bullets 11.5 inch barrel

I'm really intrigued by the 7.62x25 Tokarev. New ammo isn't too expensive. I seem to recall seeing old Soviet milsurp stuff from time to time, too.

Where did you get your barrel, if you don't mind me asking? Is it gas operated or blowback?

Thanks,

Will

Edited by Clod Stomper
punctuation