Bought a new Glock 19 Gen3.

Guest Tennessee Rebel

Guest Tennessee Rebel

I hate it... Im want an XD 9. I owned a Glock 32 for a while several years ago and today I remembered why I dont like glocks. The trigger is like my 11 year olds nerf gun. Cheap plastic mush. It grouped well and I have no complaints with accuracy or comfort. The trigger is crap though.. Im used to a 1911 and Sigs.. I made a mistake buying this thing..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tennessee Rebel

I got a good deal on it. I figured I would get used to the trigger.. I put a 100 rounds thru it and I aint feelin it..

Im gonna sell it while its still new and get what I want.

Guest Tennessee Rebel
No worries, it will be easy to offload. Glocks are suited more for some, and not so much for others. Just personal preference I suppose. Sometimes new toys aren't always as fun to play with as you might initially think.

LOL! Aint that the truth!

Guest Tennessee Rebel
I used to have a XD and I hated the trigger.

I'm sure you'll be able to get at least $350 for that Glock.:D

I want the XDM. It has an awesome trigger.. I agree on the regular XD. The reset takes some getting used to. Atleast you can feel it break though.

hey...let me know if u get serious abt ridding urself of that thing...lol. I've been debating on a g19 to go with my g23. I really dont have a problem with the triggers. Its like anything else. ya just gotta get used to it. Glocks are just really comfortable to shoot in my opinion.

I want the XDM. It has an awesome trigger.. I agree on the regular XD. The reset takes some getting used to. Atleast you can feel it break though.

I hated the XD(m) trigger until I installed a Springer Precision trigger kit on it. Felt mushy with a long reset and pull.

The gen 4 and gen 3 triggers are the same. Nothing was changed to my knowledge.

Word on the street is that the Gen 4s are heavier. My early Gen 4 17 did feel heavier at first but nothing that 1,000 rounds and a bit of dryfiring didn't cure. I like to leave my guns stock so that's what it took for me to get my 17's trigger to break like my 19. I'll agree that the Glock doesn't have a very satisfying sound upon dry firing. It's the short, tactile reset that makes me stick with them. I don't think anything else compares if you limit the discussion to stock setups.

Word on the street is that the Gen 4s are heavier. My early Gen 4 17 did feel heavier at first but nothing that 1,000 rounds and a bit of dryfiring didn't cure. I like to leave my guns stock so that's what it took for me to get my 17's trigger to break like my 19. I'll agree that the Glock doesn't have a very satisfying sound upon dry firing. It's the short, tactile reset that makes me stick with them. I don't think anything else compares if you limit the discussion to stock setups.

There is a bump on the Gen 4 trigger bar that centers it under the firing pin safety. The Gen 3 trigger bar doesn't have that bump, so it tends to ride on the side of the channel. Some folks file down the bump, others replace with a Gen 3 trigger bar, and most just live with it.

I agree, best reset I have felt.

I hate it... Im want an XD 9. I owned a Glock 32 for a while several years ago and today I remembered why I dont like glocks. The trigger is like my 11 year olds nerf gun. Cheap plastic mush. It grouped well and I have no complaints with accuracy or comfort. The trigger is crap though.. Im used to a 1911 and Sigs.. I made a mistake buying this thing..

My old LEA uses Sigs exclusively. However, when I had to qualify for my nation wide carry permit (LEOSA permit) I used a Glock 19 and aced the course. After being retired 22 years, I did not want to think about de-cock (Sigs), cocked and locked (my EMP 9mm or other 1911s), or small mag capacity where I would have to reload during a course of fire.

The Glock is not very sexy like the EMP 9mm, but it will always, always, always do the job.

Just some thoughts,

Trooper Joe

PS: Don't tell my old agency that I actually like Glocks as well as the Sigs. I even bought a G36 and gave up on small, compact, 1911 45s.

• Administrator

I love the trigger on the Glock. It has one of the shortest, most predictable, most tactile resets of any striker-fired handgun I've shot. Maybe you need to just give it more time to grow on you.

Or... buy a Benefactor membership and sell it through the Trading Post here. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands legitimately.