Kahr P380 Return

Fourtyfive

Contacted Kahr about my ailing P380 this morning , a friendly Austrailian sounding gentleman asked a few questions and said he would email me a FedEx label to return it. He said it would take about 4 weeks to get it back. Good customer service so far but no label yet. According to some posts lately on the Kahr Talk forum they seem to think they have the problems solved , we will see when it returns.....

Edited by Threeeighty
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hawkeye10
Contacted Kahr about my ailing P380 this morning , a friendly Austrailian sounding gentleman asked a few questions and said he would email me a FedEx label to return it. He said it would take about 4 weeks to get it back. Good customer service so far but no label yet. According to some posts lately on the Kahr Talk forum they seem to think they have the problems solved , we will see when it returns.....

I had to send my P380 back to Kahr twice but they got it fixed. I carry it every day. They have good customer service. Don

Guest hawkeye10

What is wrong with your Kahr P380? My main problem was stove piping and I couldn't fix that. I also had a problem with the slide not staying back after the last round was fired. I fixed that my self, it was easy. They also said use American ammo and I ask what kind they use at the factory to test with. They said Federal American Eagle. I bought a case from Sportsmans Supply on Gun Broker. I think I paid about $215 for a thousand rounds shipped. Don't know what the price is now. I think if you will hang in there they will get your gun fixed. Don

Called 2 days in a row twice , no answer .......Who wants to buy a P380 when it gets back ? Guess posting a price on a non-working gun is unfair , when it gets back will post for sale.

Its only been a week 380 ... gotta give them a chance to fix and turn it around. When I got mine back, I had a piece of paper explaining everything they did to it. When I got the new frame, they even stated they had put it through the 200 round break in for me already.

I just get impatient , you think outside of tracking it which I did , you could get someone on the phone to tell you it is there in line with the rest of them. I just can't sell someone a gun that I have to say jams....if I get a new frame maybe I will shoot it , but if it jams then once again who would want it. Catch 22 .....

From what I have read the .380 has had issues. I would not be happy sending any new gun back. I am looking at the cm9 which does not have the problems that the .380 has.

I just get impatient , you think outside of tracking it which I did , you could get someone on the phone to tell you it is there in line with the rest of them. I just can't sell someone a gun that I have to say jams....if I get a new frame maybe I will shoot it , but if it jams then once again who would want it. Catch 22 .....

I will for the right price....

Guest hawkeye10

The smaller a semi auto is the harder it is to make it work right. Sig has had problems with their 238 and Kimber has had problems with the Solo. Keep in mine all the small 1911's with problems. I was determined to get my Kahr P380 running right because for me it was the perfect carry gun. That don't mean it's perfect for everyone just me. Don

• 3 weeks later...
How is the 380? I just got my CM9 back from its third visit to Kahr. They replaced everything except the frame and sent me an extra six round magazine for my troubles.

Hoping they are treating you the same.

wow..hopefully they have been paying for shipping both ways? You don't hear about to many Kahrs that run right out of the box.

Guest Lester Weevils
wow..hopefully they have been paying for shipping both ways? You don't hear about to many Kahrs that run right out of the box.

Maybe it is the squeaky wheel phenomenon. There are numerous complaints about 1911's not running without tweaks, but the two I've bought worked fine right out of the box.

I only have a sample of one with a Kahr P9, but it worked fine right out of the box. The P9 has shot at least 500 rds and as best I can recall the only malf was a factory round that went "pffft" rather than "bang". Which I don't think would be the fault of the P9.

Then again, maybe I got the only one that works. It is hard to say from a sample of one.

Guest motonut
I have a CW9 and a PM9, 4 - 500 rds down each of them. Haven't had a lick of problems with either.