Amazing Montgomery County Buck

Tennessee Deer Talk: Montgomery County Buck

DSCF4409.jpg

The buck on the left side of the pic, right side of the hunter, was taken in Montgomery county with a bow. The other deer was taken in southern Ohio

Montgomery county buck grossed a little over 182" and the Ohio deer grossed over 155" - These two deer were taken 4 days apart by the guy in the photo.

The hunter lives in Montgomery county and only bow hunts and only shoots big bucks. I know the hunter and his father. This is what you can come to expect when you trophy manage property and allow bucks to reach maturity. I have seen photos of several deer he has taken and they are all HUGE! You have to let the 130" deer walk if you want them to make it to 180".

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

They can go longer than four days if the weather works. I think it helps the flavor IMO. It hasn't been very cold however so....?

I think I am gonna join the ....wait for it...... if its brown its down crowd. I mean, who eats horns anyways? They taste better when they are small horns.

Guest adamoxtwo
They can go longer than four days if the weather works. I think it helps the flavor IMO. It hasn't been very cold however so....?

I think I am gonna join the ....wait for it...... if its brown its down crowd. I mean, who eats horns anyways? They taste better when they are small horns.

:)

Guys, the photo is real. I posted one pic, but there are lots others. I ain't gonna post links to his Facebook site, but I assure you both are real.

Haven't y'all heard of walk in freezers? We used to hang gutted deer for more than a week to age the meat in an old 18 wheeler refrigerated trailer that our deer processor used to hold deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Guys, the photo is real. I posted one pic, but there are lots others. I ain't gonna post links to his Facebook site, but I assure you both are real.

Haven't y'all heard of walk in freezers? We used to hang gutted deer for more than a week to age the meat in an old 18 wheeler refrigerated trailer that our deer processor used to hold deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I hope you didn't take my question as some kind of accusation. I thought it would be perfectly legitimate to Photoshop two of his kills into one picture for comparison, hence the question.

Guest GunTroll

In my youth once while debating a guy on the subject of 'real' vs. fake, he told me something I'll never forget. If you can touch them....they are real. :P

I hope you didn't take my question as some kind of accusation. I thought it would be perfectly legitimate to Photoshop two of his kills into one picture for comparison, hence the question.

Not at all! I just wanted to remove any question about this picture, the story and these two deer being real. Sometimes GunTroll and WD-40 are thick headed and take a bit more persuasion (think hickory ax handle) than the average stubborn mule. :)

Actually, I was just wondering about the deer's legs. I've let deer hang a day or in the past, and can in no way, get the legs to fold under the deer in such a nice neat little package. Kinda wondering how he did it is all....did he break them?

Actually, I was just wondering about the deer's legs. I've let deer hang a day or in the past, and can in no way, get the legs to fold under the deer in such a nice neat little package. Kinda wondering how he did it is all....did he break them?

Good question. I think the photos were taken the day the TN deer was killed, but I don't know how he could have done the other.

• 8 months later...

I wanted to update this with something I just found out. This deer made the #3 non-typical bow kill in the Tennessee Record books. Would have scored #5 all time as a typical, but he took #3 non-typical instead.

The only way you can have a 180" deer is if you let those 120", 130" and 140" younger deer live to reach 5.5 to 6.5 years old. Shoot whatever you want, it's your limit to fill. This deer came off a small piece of property in Montgomery county. It was killed with a bow during a firearms season. This deer got big because it wasn't killed when it was 1.5 or 2.5 years old.

Here is a link to the TN deer registry

http://www.tennregistry.com/search_score.aspx

Here is the thread on another website. There is another photo of the deer on page 1.

http://www.tndeer.co...&page=0&fpart=1

Edited by whiskey