I shot a bench rest rifle today "WOW"

Guest hawkeye10

Guest hawkeye10
:rolleyes: I went to a range in Woodbury today and met a guy from McMinnville and he let me shoot his Savage 6mm BR. As they say in the ads on TV "This changed my life" ;) This is the first time I have shot a bench rest rifle. I shot 5 rounds at 100 yards. The first round went high as it had a 5 or 6 ounce trigger on it and I wasn't ready for that. The other 4 rounds you could cover them up with a quarter. That made my day. I shot my AR and SKS. Life doesn't get much better than this . Don
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider this a real benchrest rifle but it is all I can afford at the moment. UPS man brought my 6 Dasher barrel Thursday and got to shoot it today for the first time. Very little recoil and cleans easier than any of my other calibers. Most of my time spent fireforming. Shot pretty good fireforming.

Okey

DSC05406.jpg

I don't consider this a real benchrest rifle but it is all I can afford at the moment. UPS man brought my 6 Dasher barrel Thursday and got to shoot it today for the first time. Very little recoil and cleans easier than any of my other calibers. Most of my time spent fireforming. Shot pretty good fireforming.

Okey

DSC05406.jpg

What foggy range is that? lol

Guest chrisdridley

I witnessed, through a telescope, a 940 yard prairie dog kill with a bench rifle in Texas. It was an amazing shot with the heat and wind and the man who made it was 60+ years old. He had made the rifle and the ammo for it in his shop. Bench rifles are amazing.

What foggy range is that? lol

It is at my buddy's farm. I thought the fog might be good for a photo op. Might have been a bad idea, everyone notices the fog and not my sweet rattle can paint job.

I witnessed, through a telescope, a 940 yard prairie dog kill with a bench rifle in Texas. It was an amazing shot with the heat and wind and the man who made it was 60+ years old. He had made the rifle and the ammo for it in his shop. Bench rifles are amazing.

Thats not old. ;)

Okey

What stock is it? Looks good from the photo BTW. Rattle can :( .

Thanks. It is a Bell & Carlson Medalist A2. I widened the front to 3 inches last winter. Did a little grinding and sanding on the butt of the stock while waiting on a new barrel. Removed the recoil pad, packed the butt with lead and cut a piece of aluminum to replace the pad. Probably have 20 hours invested to turn a 200.00 stock into a 50.00 one. :P

DSC05429.jpg

Got a chance to shoot this afternoon. The Hornady AMax were grouping about an inch. Was disappointed until I tried the Bergers. 5 shot group.

DSC05439.jpg

Looks like a nice place to shot from too!!! Enclosed? I'm jealous!

Well it's not the Taj Mahal but it works. Currently sharing it with a family of Brown Recluse and a nest of Red Wasp. They are living behind the soon to be removed paneling. Planning on a surprise attack the next cold morning. Heat is supplied by Propane. A/C MIGHT the future if it will run off a 150' extension cord.

The floor needs a little more support to take the shake out if more than one person is in it.

DSC05363.jpg

DSC05365.jpg