hi point 9mm carbine comments please.

Guest tcampbell

Guest tcampbell

looking for all 3 type comments if they apply...good, bad, and ugly :-)

looking into getting one...just don't know when...

thanks in advance...Ty

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlin and Ruger make very nice carbines, but they run more than $400 these days. The highpoints are also starting to creep up there. Last gun show they were $279 on a couple of tables. They are nice shooters, but ugly. Also their mags aren;t shared with a service pistol.

Guest REDDOG79

I am planning on getting another one soon. I happened to leave mine in a house that I moved out of and when i called the rental place they said they hadn't heard anything about it. I am guessing whoever found it decided to keep it (Oh well I have the police report from where i reported it)

They are fun and with a new stock (the original one tends to pinch your hand when you grip it) they can be a whole lot of fun to shoot

My girlfriend really liked mine and within a month or two i will be getting another one I only wish they made them in .45 ACP

I have one in 40 S&W, runs on everything but Wolf. Pretty accurate for what it is and except for what I consider a weak stock wrist it is good for the money. I would use it for home defense.

You can get an ATI stock to replace the factory stock for the 9mm only, so far.

Guest ordonnanzgewehr

I like my Carbine Conversion Unit (CCU) for the Glock. :cool: Shoots accurately and like crap through a goose. This is easily my FUN GUN!!! :eek:

Can be had for under 300 smackers with NO ffl.:eek:

Made right here in the good ol' u. s. of A!!! :eek:

(they make 'em for Glock and 1911 type pistols)

Guest highvoltage

i have the 995 hi point carbine. its a great little gun bought it to change into the ati stock but the looks grew on me so im keeping it stock.for the money you cant beat it.

I see one has popped up for sale in the Chattanooga area, and is in the Times Free Press classifieds this morning. The seller's number is 423-488-9283. If I hadn't just spent my last dollar on a MAK-90 I would definitely call this guy up and buy his 9mm carbine. He is asking $180. They come with a lifetime warranty, and Hi-Point is famous for standing behind their warranty.

On another note, Hi-Point is just about ready to come out this Summer with a mighty interesting looking new carbine/new stock design in .45 caliber. I predict it will be a huge best-seller. Here's a link to see the new .45 carbine....

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4932

Edited by mousegunner
added price
Guest mikedwood

I have a friend that offered me his .40 cal carbine Hi-point for $150 with a 4x scope. I'm really thinking about it. Only thing stopping me is I don't have anything else in .40 cal. Ugly? Something is wrong with me cause I think it's a neat looking gun.

I have another friend who had a C9 pistol and I traded him out of it for an H&R .22 he had traded me a few months ago. Anyway the Hi-points magazine spring was broke. I figured that out, called Hi-point on Thursday last week, they picked up on the 2nd ring and Monday the part was in the mailbox free of charge.

Hi-points seem way to cheap to have that kind of customer service. I had heard the lifetime warranty was transferable, seems to be true. I wish they would R&D a better looking, higher capacity, higher quality line.