AMC Season Premiere: Hell on Wheels

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it On Demand Tuesday night ,Walking Dead Monday night.

I thought it was really good, lots of violence and several story lines to keep up with.

I honestly don't know how any one can watch this stuff the night it airs though. Commercials are freaking brutal,

I honestly don't know how any one can watch this stuff the night it airs though. Commercials are freaking brutal,

I'm spoiled also. I can't stand to watch anything as it airs anymore. FX is the worst the farther you get into some programs the worse it seems to get.

I watched it On Demand Tuesday night ,Walking Dead Monday night.

I thought it was really good, lots of violence and several story lines to keep up with.

I have a friend that if he is watching a show "live" will pause a show for 10-15 minutes on the front end then watch it to skip through the commercials.

As far as the topic at hand... I liked the Pilot well enough to watch next week at least...lol

I never watch any shows live anymore. I'm one of those people that will pause live tv for 15 minutes and go do something else so I can fast forward thru commercials.

We just got DirecTV and they have a 30 second commercial skip built into the remote. Makes it very easy to blast past commercials. When we had Comcast, I found a way to reprogram their remote to have this feature. Google "Comcast remote hack" to find instructions on reprogramming yours.

I never watch any shows live anymore. I'm one of those people that will pause live tv for 15 minutes and go do something else so I can fast forward thru commercials.

We just got DirecTV and they have a 30 second commercial skip built into the remote. Makes it very easy to blast past commercials. When we had Comcast, I found a way to reprogram their remote to have this feature. Google "Comcast remote hack" to find instructions on reprogramming yours.

Yeah, I was able to reprogram the button on my TiVo for 30 seconds.

• 2 months later...

Well, the final show of the season aired this week. This show actually turned out to be one of my favorites. Even my wife, who could care less about it when I told her about it at the beginning of the season, is looking forward to season two.

Has anyone paid attention to the names of the actors at the beginning of the show? Anson Mount, Colm Meany, Common. Those names sound like they should be the character's names.

Guest NYCrulesU
Well, the final show of the season aired this week. This show actually turned out to be one of my favorites. Even my wife, who could care less about it when I told her about it at the beginning of the season, is looking forward to season two.

Has anyone paid attention to the names of the actors at the beginning of the show? Anson Mount, Colm Meany, Common. Those names sound like they should be the character's names.

Great show. I guess he'll be searching for the actual Sgt. in the upcoming season. Same as you, my wife dismissed it early on..loves it now.

It lost me a few weeks ago. Not sure why.

I guess it was not good enough to keep me coming back for more.

That or i don't care enough about TV

Same here. I made it to the point where Eli and Bohannon have their fist fight, but I just couldn't keep excited about it after that.

I really looked forward to this show before the season began since I am a big fan of westerns. The first few episodes really left me disappointed as it seemed everything was dragging on and not ever getting anything done. But then along midseason all the character building started coming together. The episode where Bohannon taught Elam how to shoot a gun and survive a gunfight was great. And the shootout in the woods turned out to be a classic. And for unexpected shock value, the way the preacher disposed of the Union Sergeant in his tent caught me totally offguard. So the final several episodes redeemed this show from its lackluster beginning for me and I'm glad I stuck with it. Looking forward now to season 2.