Loot followed me home (No more plastic guns for me)

Trooper Joe

I posted this on Defensive Carry forum. Thought you guys would enjoy this.

This neat Browning BDA .380 followed me home today. What a work of art. Can't wait to get it out to the range and play my "No plastic guns for me" role.[Actually, one of my every day carry guns is a P-32 KelTec-Go figure.]

This gun should probably never see a holster since there is not a mark on it.It was made in 1986 and must have spent most of it's live in a gun safe.

Got a chance to shoot it today. If I do my part, the pistol will do it's.

Funny thing, a lot of ammo would not lock back the slide on the last shot. However, Hornady Critical Defense and one other defense ammo ( I don't remember which one) did lock it back. So the gun is OK but just new.

I always thought Hornady Critical Defense was pretty mild (or so it seems in my Sig 230 and 232). But S & B ammo (which I thought was hot) failed to lock it back. I think all of them will lock it back once the pistol is broken in. And yes, it was taken down, cleaned, and lubed before shooting.

Found some mags. Called Browning, and Bretta and CDNN in Texas. Bought 2 MecGar magazines from CDNN and 2 Bretta model 84 magazines from Bretta. Was assured from CDNN, Bretta and Browning that the Bretta 84 mags are the same.

Trooper Joe

BrowningBDA2ndview.jpg[/img]

BrowningBDA1stview.jpg[/img]

Edited by Trooper Joe
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

critical defense is mild compared to buffalo bore, but its defense ammo, its hot compared to cheap S&B plinker ammo. Very pretty, the big 380s are mild and fun to shoot, looks a lot like the beretta 380 which I have shot and really like.

critical defense is mild compared to buffalo bore, but its defense ammo, its hot compared to cheap S&B plinker ammo. Very pretty, the big 380s are mild and fun to shoot, looks a lot like the beretta 380 which I have shot and really like.

Thanks for the info on the ammo. I will carry Hornady Critical Defense if I want to carry this for protection.

Received my MecGar magazines today and they seem to fit perfectly. Will try them out at the range and let you know.

Trooper Joe

Thanks for the info on the ammo. I will carry Hornady Critical Defense if I want to carry this for protection.

Received my MecGar magazines today and they seem to fit perfectly. Will try them out at the range and let you know.

Trooper Joe

I'm Mecgar magazine fan. I replaced all my XD factory magazines with them. They build good magazines, period.

Guest Wildogre

I just got one too, was on layaway at D&T. I will not have a chance to shoot it until next week. So far only dry fired it. Trigger pull seems a lot like my 92. The Safety is a bit stiffer than my 92 so that may take some getting used too.