Aftermarket Glock "triggers" and one M&P trigger

graycrait

I've owned all of the following and currently have all these installed in pistols except for the Vanek.

Vanek - GlockHome - Vanek Custom Good trigger bar and shoe set-up for a race gun especially if you want it to look stock Glock plastic from the outside. The Vanek triggers are probably the gold standard where shooters want good safe triggers with light pulls. I had one of these in one of my homemade "race" guns a few years ago and I had it set up with a sub 2lb trigger.

Phantom (aluminum trigger shoe) - Glock

Phantom Triggers - Glock parts, accessories, and custom Glock refinishing at Rockyourglock Store This is a stock trigger bar with pre and over travel adjustable aluminum trigger shoe. Right now my favorite. The shoe at 9.04mm wide feels better than my next favorite, the Fulcrum. The trigger safety on the shoe has a slightly less powerful return spring than the trigger shoe safety on the Fulcrum. The pre and over travel adjustments work. I think this shoe has not been on the market overly long, but I only recently came across it. This is a perfect match for a 6lb trigger return spring, .25 cent trigger job and a 3.5lb connector.

Fulcrum (aluminum trigger shoe) - Fulcrum

Glock Warehouse - Main Page This is a stock trigger bar with pre and over travel adjustable aluminum trigger shoe. This is a very nice shoe with a comparatively stronger trigger safety spring than the Phantom. The shoe is flat and is 9.14mm wide. Pre and Over travel adjustments work. The Fulcrum has quiet a few fans in competition circles where it is allowed. I would think that maybe the Phantom will give the Fulcrum a run for its market in time. This is a perfect match for a 6lb trigger return spring, .25 cent trigger job and a 3.5lb connector.

Lightening Strike (aluminum trigger shoe) - Glock

Glock Triggers by Lightning Strike Products Inc. This is a stock trigger bar without a pre and over travel adjustable aluminum trigger shoe.If you want an aluminum trigger that is the closest to a stock Glock smooth "target" trigger this is it. This is a good match for a 6lb trigger return spring, .25 cent trigger job and a 3.5lb connector.

Ghost Rocket (3.5 handfitted connector with over travel adjustment) - Glock

3.5 lb. ROCKET This is not a trigger but a connector that you have to hand fit to adjust overtravel. It has been around for a good while now. It is slightly tedious to set up but is not hard.

Apex (sear spring set-up for lighter trigger) - S&W M&P

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid35.html This is a sear spring kit that will definitley lighten your trigger pull. Even though it is called a "hard" sear with an implication that it is harder than the stock sear, the face of the sear that contacts the striker should be smoothed before installation. CAUTION: to install the complete kit you have to remove the rear sight from the slide to install new striker springs. There is a very small disk, spring and plunger under the sight that can easily get lost, with care on a white towel you should manage them. When replacing the sear there is a tiny, I mean tiny spring and plunger set under the sear. They will get lost if you are not careful. There is a replacement plunger spring in the Apex kit, but no extra plunger. Unless you have tiny fingers a hemostat is the best tool to use to install these tiny pieces.

Thoughts:

1. The Ghost Rocket is the least expensive aftermarket way to get a nice trigger out of a stock Glock trigger bar. Do a .25 Cent Trigger Job, install a 6lb trigger return spring and hand fit the Ghost Rocket connector.

2. My personal favorite at this time is the Phantom. I like the surface feel of the shoe and like the Fulcrum it has pre and over travel adjustments. I wish the Phantom had the same trigger safety spring as the Fulcrum as the Fulcrum's safety spring seems a bit more stout although not annoying. I still give a slight edge to the Phantom due to its shoe design.

3. Lots of folks put in reduced power striker springs to further lighten the trigger pull but I don't currently do that in my Glocks. I installed the striker spring provided in the Apex M&P kit and that trigger is light, but my M&P is strictly a range gun. I expect all my Glocks to shoot crappy ammo with tough primers.

Edited by graycrait
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic