Hog Hunting

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was the only person upset about that. Glad to see that others don't like these laws either. I've talked to several guys locally who are now going to NC to hunt hogs. By the time these guys have all their money wrapped up in their dogs and everything I can see how they are frustrated with Tennessee's laws. I see where they are coming from trying to prevent the release of hogs but this is technically an outright ban on the sport hunting of hogs and I would hate to see that become a foothold for antis to keep us from hunting anything else. What was that law that was passed in TN a few years ago about hunting being a right? Could that possibly have any relevance here?

I myself go to Alabama. Look at the brightside.......Come next year or so, there will be more hogs than ever! Our local WMA here has no traps, nothing. An employee told me, they did not have the funding for "aireal" shoots or trapping, hogs are going crazy! Out on a bow hunt a couple of weeks ago, had 6 of the brutes feeding in front of me!

If they wanted to really stop these animals they need to make it mandatory that any hog seen is to be shot on sight. Any hunters, deer or others, would be required to shoot then on sight. They would also let anyone hunt them using any method they want and at any time they wish.

Dolomite

Agreed......100%!!!!

I can tell you, without a doubt, hogs are here to stay. No season or lack of season can undo the hog population. They are too efficient at breeding and adapting to habitat and hunting pressure to eradicate them.

Ask Florida, Georgia, Texas and Oklahoma how to eradicate hogs. Among the allowable methods are spot lighting, feeders, no limits, no restrictions for weapons or methods. They all still have hog problems.

Certainly, restricting hunters from shooting them, when an opportunity allows, is not the answer. The news paper article points to a larger problem with the TWRA council. That problem is writing "easier to enforce" laws. They are focused on helping the officer in the field, rather than the law abiding hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Guest GunTroll

Well, maybe hungry bubbas will do what is needed. Its there right after all. The wild hogs don't belong to me, you, the public, the state, anymore than the clouds do so regs can be ignored if needed. :rolleyes:

And hopefully with the removal of the commission we can have the blind draws removed from the Chicamauga WMAs so that the so called public land will be open to the public instead of just a chosen few.

And hopefully with the removal of the commission we can have the blind draws removed from the Chicamauga WMAs so that the so called public land will be open to the public instead of just a chosen few.

I guess our county isn't the only one with blind draw issues...

I'd like to duck hunt, but I can't seem to get drawn. I didn't even bother going to the blind drawn this year.