At the time my window was stuck down.. I accidently broke the button to roll it up a day or two before. It was in the middle of summer so it didn't really matter. Yes there were cars behind me, and he got in front of me and backed down on top of me to where I couldn't go around if I wanted. The operator said there were police on the way and to stay on the phone, well when he punched me it knocked my phone across the car. The only reason why I got out was because there was no where for me to go. I couldn't back up, couldn't go around so I wasn't goign to sit in the car and take free shots so I got out and ended it right hten and there.

I see.

Based off that information, witnesses behind you since you were at a stop, and being on the phone with 911. I would feel comfortable in warning you are armed/drawing on them - they left you no out and confronted YOU. Again, obviously the guy has issues - what his state of mind is, you currently don't know. He very well could have pulled a knife on you and started stabbing just as easily as he was punching you through the window. If you had a can of mace, as someone else stated, a good blast to the face from the window would be a good start for sure.

Something similar happened to my girlfriend not too long ago. She was on the interstate and passed a guy, she merged over in front of him and then got off on the next exit. He instantly started riding her ass, honking his horn/swerving around trying to get around her. She comes to a stop at a red light and he barrels into the intersection in front of her, blocks her in between his car and the ones that pulled up behind her. All he did thankfully was get out of his car, dance around screaming about don't ever cut him off again among many other choice words. People like this are a serious danger, even if she had cut him off - there is no reason for him to go off the deep end and block someone in and confront them. She got lucky that he wasn't that much angrier and tried to assault her just like in your case.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This talk of being "blocked in" by another car is nonsense. Put your foot down and make space. Push their vehicle out of the way and bug out. I'd try not to hit a bystander's car, but if some lunatic is going bonkers, I'm not waiting around for him to smash my window and start beating on me. Bodywork is a lot easier and cheaper on cars than people.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
All he did thankfully was get out of his car, dance around screaming about don't ever cut him off again among many other choice words. People like this are a serious danger, even if she had cut him off - there is no reason for him to go off the deep end and block someone in and confront them. She got lucky that he wasn't that much angrier and tried to assault her just like in your case.

Whats wrong with those types of people? They seriously need to chill the **** out. Who cares if someone "cuts you off." Go on with your life, its not that big of a deal......

As someone that has been the responding Officer I can tell you that your involvement is more of a determining factor than whether or not being punched in the face justifies the use of force. If you are brake checking people and flipping them off, and they approach you at a stop light, you better be ready to kick azz or get your azz kicked. If you are a willing participant and you pull a gun; I would take you to jail.

If you are innocent and you are the victim of an unprovoked attacked because someone doesn’t like the way you are driving, that’s a different story.

If you are ever in an incident like that and have to pull a gun, call the Police and wait for them to arrive, even if the other person leaves. The first person to call is the “complainantâ€; the other person is the “suspectâ€. On the way home the other person may realize how bad he screwed up and call the police to make a complaint on you pointing a gun at him. It may be a couple of days before the cops show up at your home or work to arrest you. At that point it’s too late to tell your side of the story.

There is a saying “Don’t let your mouth overload your azzâ€. If you are a willing participant in a conflict and you need a gun to protect yourself against an unarmed man; that is exactly what you have done and it will likely end with you in jail.

That sounds almost too logical ;) Thanks for the tip about the first to call. Just never thought about it like that.