Uhhhhh?.....More than just Man's Best Friend.....

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good deal, quote it whenever you feel like it. But don't get upset when someone disagrees with it or its use.

I don't care if you disagree. This is America. There is a difference between disagreement and denigrating or belittling. Calling what we as Christians see as holy scripture silly verses is both. I'm not attempting to argue or make you mad, just asking you to respect others beliefs and feelings. If a Muslim or Jew is posting here you can bet I won't belittle him.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I'm obviously not big on religion....so I apologize for belittling it. I don't like seeing people push religion as one of their causes for executing people/animals. Getting away from that topic so the thread isn't closed.....

I'm probably wearing my feelings on my sleeve b/c I own a couple GSDs. I don't understand putting a good dog (one that hasn't torn someone to shreds - even then, there are exceptions) down just because some sick bastard molested him. I don't see how living on a farm would change that perspective.......we don't put down people that get molested do we?

Wow, somewhere context and reading comprehension got lost and the mole hill turned into a mountain.

Anyway, I thought I was helping by answering a question I thought was sincere. Animals are animals and when humans allow or cause them to break a normal relationship and they act outside the boundaries of those normal relationships they are what we call on the farm "ruined". For instance when a dog becomes overly aggressive and looses it's ability to restrain his attack instinct he cannot function normally again. That's not to say they can't live a decent life somewhere, but most of the time they require special attention and controlled environments to help them. The fact that animals can not reason and "grow" past abuse and put it into a livable context the way a human can is the difference between abused humans and animals.

Didn't think it was that complicated, but I guess it was. The scripture verse quoted in the OP was a practical application of this reality in a herding society who understood animal tendencies and nature.

Talking about chasing rabbits. Maybe thats what the German Shepperd needed.:drama:

"I just reached down to pick up my ball, and the next thing I knew..."

:drama:

And, don't forget poor Adam the dog. His main squeeze is probably going to jail.

Well at least he can rest knowing his main squeeze will get plenty of attention from Bubba....

Guest WyattEarp
Why kill the animal? Go thump your bible somewhere else

If true, something needs to happen to that sicko. This being Memphis though, who knows....

easy turbo, just cause I quoted the scripture didn't mean I support killing the dog. the dog doesn't know any better. I was more or less stating the man should be put down (hence the I feel sorry for the dog part). not trying to ruffle any feathers. :)

Wow, somewhere context and reading comprehension got lost and the mole hill turned into a mountain.

Anyway, I thought I was helping by answering a question I thought was sincere. Animals are animals and when humans allow or cause them to break a normal relationship and they act outside the boundaries of those normal relationships they are what we call on the farm "ruined". For instance when a dog becomes overly aggressive and looses it's ability to restrain his attack instinct he cannot function normally again. That's not to say they can't live a decent life somewhere, but most of the time they require special attention and controlled environments to help them. The fact that animals can not reason and "grow" past abuse and put it into a livable context the way a human can is the difference between abused humans and animals.

Didn't think it was that complicated, but I guess it was. The scripture verse quoted in the OP was a practical application of this reality in a herding society who understood animal tendencies and nature.

Talking about chasing rabbits. Maybe thats what the German Shepperd needed.:)

I only chase little bunny rabbitts when I've had too much beer. :D

My apologies in advance, but this reminds me of a story I heard a while back:

A man checked into a hotel and went out for a walk. As he was wandering around,

he saw a sign that read: PARANORMAL, SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION.

Curious, he went inside and, seeing that the meeting had already begun, quickly

took a seat.

The speaker asked the audience, "How many of you believe in ghosts?"

About 95% of the people raised their hands.

The speaker went on to ask, "How many of you have seen a ghost?"

Of that over half lowered their hands.

Next, he asked, "Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?''

All but 2 or 3 hands were lowered.

The speaker then asked, "Have any of you ever had sex with a ghost?"

Only one hand, belonging to a man in the back, remained in the air.

The speaker asked the man, "Where are you from, Sir?"

The man answered, "Alabama."

The speaker then asked, "And you say you have actually had sex with a ghost?"

To which the man replied, "GHOST? Hell, I thought you said GOAT!"

:grouchy:

Guest lostpass

Talking about chasing rabbits. Maybe thats what the German Shepperd needed.:)

I think I remember an old joke about this...

Lady is at the vet with a beautiful german shepherd. Another patron strikes up a conversation. You know one of those inane vet waiting are conversations. "Snookums is here to get his yearly shots. Oh, he hates his shots, don't you hate you shots you little poodle you! What's your dog here for?"

The german shepherd owner, also a woman looks a little uncomfortable. "Well, it's a little embarrassing to be honest..."

"That's okay" says the poodle owner "We're all dog people here. Is it worms. Does your dog have worms? Mr. Skipper had worms once. Didn't you you little poodle you!"

"Well" the step owner says "it isn't worms. It is just that every time I bend over Col Jenkins here tries to mount me. Like I said, embarrassing."

"So you're here to Col Jenkins fixed?"

"Nope, I'm here to get his nails trimmed"

I think I remember an old joke about this...

Lady is at the vet with a beautiful german shepherd. Another patron strikes up a conversation. You know one of those inane vet waiting are conversations. "Snookums is here to get his yearly shots. Oh, he hates his shots, don't you hate you shots you little poodle you! What's your dog here for?"

The german shepherd owner, also a woman looks a little uncomfortable. "Well, it's a little embarrassing to be honest..."

"That's okay" says the poodle owner "We're all dog people here. Is it worms. Does your dog have worms? Mr. Skipper had worms once. Didn't you you little poodle you!"

"Well" the step owner says "it isn't worms. It is just that every time I bend over Col Jenkins here tries to mount me. Like I said, embarrassing."

"So you're here to Col Jenkins fixed?"

"Nope, I'm here to get his nails trimmed"

Sick. Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick. Oh, and sick too.