Help me decide please? SR9C or XDM 40

Guest sunk99

Trying to decide on my next purchase, I am wanting the gun to serve as a target/carry pistol. I already own a LCP and a Mark III 22/45 so really just wanting a larger caliber in a quality gun, I have shot the XD40 but not the SR9C the only 9mm I have shot are Sig. So what do you think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average end user legally carrying a SDP or HG will not continue to carry a full sized service pistol and in the end leave it in the car or at home. The SR9c will be more comfortable to shoot than your LCP or even an LC9 is so look at it that way instead.

Either way, if you plan to shoot a bunch, I would get a 9mm; cheaper at the range. I am a Ruger fan, so I would lean toward the Ruger. I think you would be well served by either, but a nine in either platform would be cheaper to shoot.

I haven't shot or even handled the SR9C, but in general if you're looking for a target gun compacts kinda stink. I used to have an XDm40 and can vouch for its quality. I regretted trading it so much that I recently replaced it with an XDm 5.25 Competition Series. If you want a target gun, there you go. I agree with dats82, get a 9mm for a range/target gun. If it's not your carry why pay more for ammo?

Guest FiddleDog

The XDM has a pretty tall bore axis, but the finish is second to none. The SRC is nicer on the pocket, a low bore axis, and some nice safety features on it. If you're lookin' for something that you'd be comfortable carrying around all the time, I'd say the SR9c.

For punching paper, the larger gun would be more fun for me than the smaller one. The 9mm will be cheaper to shoot if that's a consideration. If money is not a concern as far as ammo, is there a reason you would choose .40 over .45? I'd take the same money and buy a nice used .45. If we're just shooting to blow stuff up, let's get the .45 and make some really big arse holes!!!

Guest msparks

I think the question would boil down to: do you want a frame mounted safety or not. I went to a gun store to buy an SR9. racked the slide and a sharp piece cut the skin on my palm. Needless to say I went home with a used Glock that day after full intention of buying the Ruger. No safety to catch my palm, no external stuff to mess with "in case of emergency".

Since then I have bought another glock, I also own an XD45c. I like them all.

They can keep the ruger, the over redundent safety in "my opinion" is not needed especially if it will injure me every time I rack the slide.

YMMV.

Hey I have a SR9C and an XD9. If you want to go shoot let me know

Where do you go shooting at? I don't currently go to any ranges but have been considering it.Which one of the two guns do you prefer the ruger or Springfield?

Edited by sunk99
sp

Thanks for all of the responses and for not flaming me too bad. I'm planning on using some of my christmas bonus on this purchase so I am just trying to be prepared.