I am wanting an AR15.

Guest hawkeye10

Guest hawkeye10
:clap: I am always wanting something different. So now it's an AR. What do you guys think about the Palmetto State Arms kits. I have found a Spikes stripped lower locally. The PSA kits are priced right but are they a good quality gun? I know you can spend a lot of money on an AR but that ain't going to happen. Don
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So far every PSA kit I've seen (3) have been good quality. They use FN barrels and their bolts are MP marked and HP Tested. All of the bolts I've seen have had properly staked gas keys.

The only issue I've heard of is the cuts for the feed ramps being a little off on some of them.

The PSA kit is really the best deal going right now. If I had the money I'd but one.... or three.

Edited by BrasilNuts

i bought a PSM upper assembly to finish up my first ar build. it hasnt came in yet, i ordered it this last friday and they said since uppers are assembled when ordered it could take up to 7 business days for it to ship :(. oh well. my neighbor has a full palmetto gun and has never had a single problem out of it, he is actually the one that talked me into getting their upper. i bought the 14.7" inch upper assembly, it has a perma mount flash hider on it. cant wait till i get it in, when i do i will give a little "impromptu" review on my impressions of it.

DTI (Del-Ton) is a nice company. PSA is on my "~" List because they ****ed up an order awhile back (and set my schedule behind). I'm sure it was just my luck, though.

BCM is pretty much the best (I've seen) out there, currently.

The only issue I've heard of is the cuts for the feed ramps being a little off on some of them.

In addition to pumping out some uppers with incorrect gas tubes (carbine in place of midlength).....which shows they weren't QC'ed or test fired.

IIRC, someone's going to lose their job for it.

DTI (Del-Ton) is a nice company. PSA is on my "~" List because they ****ed up an order awhile back (and set my schedule behind). I'm sure it was just my luck, though.

BCM is pretty much the best (I've seen) out there, currently.

Same deal here. Ordered a lower. Wound up selling to a buddy in the Kroger parking lot the day I got it. Good stuff. They just ticked me off.

In addition to pumping out some uppers with incorrect gas tubes (carbine in place of midlength).....which shows they weren't QC'ed or test fired.

IIRC, someone's going to lose their job for it.

Yeah, I came across those threads this evening. I will be keeping up with the outcome to see if PSA makes it right... I believe they will.

Guest hawkeye10
:P:) Well guys I am all smiles. I did some trading for an AR with a member of this forum. It was Ted and he is the best. I haven't had time to make pictures but I will soon. I now have to buy some ammo and go to Terry Waldens and try it out. Don