What a friday night...

Guest 240KAR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
real smart.Did you know it is a felony to "brake check" another driver in Tennessee .Just thought I would pass that little bit of info along to ya.

Sent from my Damn iPad using Tapatalk

when you can show me a TCA code on it, I'll believe it, till then, enjoy that :screwy: you been drinking. ;)

The only thing I can thing of that would remotely be close to what you stated that would be a felony concerning brake checking, would be to intentionally cause an accident by brake checking someone, when you honestly had no legitimate reason to hit your brakes, and you did so for the purposes of financial gain based on injuries you claim to have sustained from the car accident, which would fall under insurance fraud, not "brake checking".

Cite, please?

- OS

x2

Please do,

The only way I can see "Brake Cheking" some one to be a felony is if it caused an injury accident or death at which point the charge would not be "Brake Checking".

agreed, that was my thoughts on the matter.

A felony? Really? What is the TCA code?

Oh...and the TCA for "Tailgaiting" is 55-8-124

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Tennessee Code Research Tool

but we all know that doesn't apply to law enforcement, they can do whatever they want. :popcorn:

39-13-103 I think and this is of the top of my head ,There is not a code out there for Brake checking in general,but I promise you you brake check some one and there are witnesses around,and they can prove it,they will put this one in to play,and they have.

T.C.A. 39-13-103 provides that a person commits an offense who recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another person in imminent danger of death

or serious bodily injury. It is a Class E Felony ,my book is from 2005 so it my be a little out of date ,It is a very broad statute.I'm just stating what I was taught .Cause They can and will charge you with what ever the want,it's up to you to prove your not guilty.So go ahead and drive like a doo doo head,and make poor life choices.I'll drink my KOOOOOOL AID now.

Edited by jeepbus
39-13-103 I think and this is of the top of my head ,There is not a code out there for Brake checking in general,but I promise you you brake check some one and there are witnesses around,and they can prove it,they will put this one in to play,and they have.

T.C.A. 39-13-103 provides that “a person commits an offense who recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another person in imminent danger of death

or serious bodily injury.†It is a Class E Felony ,my book is from 2005 so it my be a little out of date ,It is a very broad statute.I'm just stating what I was taught .Cause They can and will charge you with what ever the want,it's up to you to prove your not guilty.So go ahead and drive like a doo doo head,and make poor life choices.I'll drink my KOOOOOOL AID now.

Wow....I think that is a real stretch to try and apply "Reckless Endangerment". But one could argue the person tailgating is the one that is creating the dangerous situation.

It's only a felony if a deadly weapon is used...but I concede a vehicle as been classified as a deadly weapon in many cases.

May I ask where you were taught this?

Guest WyattEarp

T.C.A. 39-13-103 provides that “a person commits an offense who recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another person in imminent danger of death

or serious bodily injury.” It is a Class E Felony ,my book is from 2005 so it my be a little out of date ,It is a very broad statute.I'm just stating what I was taught .Cause They can and will charge you with what ever the want,it's up to you to prove your not guilty.So go ahead and drive like a doo doo head,and make poor life choices.I'll drink my KOOOOOOL AID now.

you think? and this is off the top of your head? you specifically said that brake checking was a felony. now which is it?? either it is or it isn't. you never said anything about any other law, you said "brake checking" is a felony.

If someone's riding my ass, im allowed to apply my brakes and slow down, that's what it says to do in the manual for when you take your driver's test, and before you point it doesn't say hard brake check, or slam on your brakes, you'd be absolutely correct it doesn't, but if you go back and read my initial post, I actually had a valid reason for brake checking any how as car had pulled out in front me and was poking along at the same time a sheriff's deputy happened to be riding my ass.

99.9% of all accidents that happen when a car is rear-ended are fault of the driver of the car in back. If that deputy had eaten my bumper, he'd be getting an ass chewing from the Sheriff after I got done ripping the Sheriff a new one about the driving habits of his imbecile deputy, and the Sheriff's Dept insurance company would be paying to fix my car. But I wouldn't claim injuries, unless I actually had them.

I don't know why LEO's feel the need to put their front bumper three inches from your rear bumper, but that's a practice that needs to stop for safety reasons. Not to mention at night, it's difficult to see what kind of vehicle is back there, and if a person see's someone riding their ass, and can't tell it's a cop, that could be distracting to the driver of the vehicle in front and could cause an accident of other sorts where someone gets hurt. because he's too worried about the car recklessly tailgating him and making him nervous to pay attention to the road.

good day sir, you've been placed on ignore.

brake checking someone doesn't place them in imminent danger of death. but go ahead and keep making **** up. :)

May I ask where you were taught this?

my guess would be he learned it in Jailhouse Law 101. :lol:

Edited by WyattEarp