What a friday night...

Guest 240KAR

So I go into stones river mall and am shopping around.. when a mall cop comes up and ask if I had a pistol on me, I said yes sir and I have a permit to carry it, he says thats not aloud in here and I explained there was no signs on any of the entrances, the he goes on explaining how he is pro 2nd and he's just the middle man.. I say I understand and leave without another word. Oddly enough the people that got there the same time we did got back at their car at the same time... So now I'm driving home when at a stop light I notice there are 3 cops all sitting in a row, I pass and they turn on their lights, pull over, he tell me and my passenger to put our hands up... we get out and he takes my gun and holster off and they ran my serial number and permit and stuff and just said someone called and said I looked to young to be carrying a gun around. The only time it showed was when I got out of the car... So thats how my friday night went, thought I would share this experience with you guys.. I always carry concealed in a crossbreed supertuck.. just that one instance when I got out of the car..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are no gun busters on the doors anywhere.... and there were people that got out of the car a few spots down at the same time I did and they must have told them.. i had to pull my shirt down when I got out of the car and they must have saw it...

Yeah, I'd be contacting a representative at the PD that pulled you over. It might not go any good, but this is unacceptable. It's one thing to ask questions, another to detain and disarm for no probable cause. Looking young is not probable cause.

So I go into stones river mall and am shopping around.. when a mall cop comes up and ask if I had a pistol on me, I said yes sir and I have a permit to carry it, he says thats not aloud in here and I explained there was no signs on any of the entrances, the he goes on explaining how he is pro 2nd and he's just the middle man.. I say I understand and leave without another word. Oddly enough the people that got there the same time we did got back at their car at the same time... So now I'm driving home when at a stop light I notice there are 3 cops all sitting in a row, I pass and they turn on their lights, pull over, he tell me and my passenger to put our hands up... we get out and he takes my gun and holster off and they ran my serial number and permit and stuff and just said someone called and said I looked to young to be carrying a gun around. The only time it showed was when I got out of the car... So thats how my friday night went, thought I would share this experience with you guys.. I always carry concealed in a crossbreed supertuck.. just that one instance when I got out of the car..

Why did they run your serial number? The conversation should have ended when you handed your HCP to show that you're not breaking any law and thus ending their probable cause.

Guest bkelm18
Yeah, I'd be contacting a representative at the PD that pulled you over. It might not go any good, but this is unacceptable. It's one thing to ask questions, another to detain and disarm for no probable cause. Looking young is not probable cause.

Carrying a firearm is illegal in TN. That's probable cause.

I'll send letters to the mall and store managements, making them aware of the lost business this incident cost them.

And, of course, the incident is being discussed on TGO and a whole lot of other people are reconsidering shopping at the Stones River Mall, perhaps.

I am not sure how well that particular mall is doing.

On the other hand, Hickory Hollow Mall let things get totally out of control and you can be sure the Stones River Mall doesn't want to turn out like Hickory Hollow Mall.

Guest bkelm18
Crap, I forgot how that works. Well, still poor form on their part. Asking for a HCP should have ended the whole thing.

I agree, but we know that's never how it works unfortunately.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
if it ain't posted, I say piss on 'em. If it's not posted, you're not doing anything wrong.

Until they ask you to leave. And then if you don't it's trespassing.

I have never seen a mall that is posted, but they all have a list of "rules" posted somewhere inside the building. And those "rules" include no weapons. You're free to carry all day long - I do - because those rules do not carry the force of law. But they are free to ask you to leave if they see your gun and don't want it in the building. If you do not leave when they want you to, you will be in trouble. The trouble doesn't implicate whether you are legally carrying or not, but the trouble is still real.