Gringrich Smartest one in the Bunch

A third party candidate in this election would seal the Obama second term as a done deal before the polls ever opened in November. They wouldn't even have to send out their Black Panthers to work the polls in Chicago this time. If you think we got Hoped and Changed the first time, you'll love the sequel.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I'm over voting for a bad one cause the other is much worse.

I'm not going to be harassed or tricked into it anymore.

With Newt's past on cap and trade, mandated health care and so on are:

The odds higher that he has reformed and seen the light

Or that as a adept politician he is able to pander to the base and flip in the general election to become more "moderate" then you got lied to again and it's no big deal?

When does it become a big deal? When do we get to go beyond settling?

Maybe I'm a whack, but from a candidate I want to hear the words liberty and freedom.

Edited by mikedwood
6.8 I value your opinion and yeah the country is not going down but it's down the crapper. We just can't tell yet.

But what if anything has Obama done that wasn't just a carry forward at light speed of what Bush was doing? Nothing, not a freaking thing.

The only possible answer would be the healthcare bill, Now the two front runners of GOP have a history of mandated healthcare.

Other than that things are coasting full steam ahead.

Bush tax cuts are in place, wars on wars and looking at a couple of other options, up to QE what now?

Fast and Furious? They say Bush was doing that as well.

A field of 9 and I like Paul best, no one is in 2nd for me. Would be a great year for a 3rd party. Would be cool if Jesse Ventura ran. I'd love to have a president that believed in liberty and could kick Putin's a..... butt.

And I yours. :doh:

I don't think Bush was in Fast and Furious, but I've seen that, too. Just in places I deem propaganda.

Obamacrous speed spending was the exact opposite that was needed.

Stimulus spending, especially for the union pension funds, that always seem to get raided by their thug rulers.

Green jobs. Look at that joke of a game. Solyndra was the tip of the iceberg.

Eric Holder as an Attorney General? He proved his worth during the Clintonista era.

Supreme Court Justice appointments that are embarrasing.

Tax the rich. Give me a break! Just more damned playing with the tax code to put more people on the

government dole.

And yes, Health Care for all. The perfect ruse to cement communism in america.

There are a few dozen more, but remember how much gun sales went up at the election? The old gut

barometer had so many millions of americans worried. I wish they had bothered to vote for the lame

McCain. Bet they do, too.

I can think, given time, of so many reasons to vote against this incumbent, just to keep him from

destroying what's left of our country. and I would vote for Romney, if he is the choice, but I would

definitely hold my nose on that one.

Cynicism has boxed us in a corner with the choices so bad that if it doesn't turn out right, this time,

our ship will be the Titanic. Obama is a disgrace, regardless of where he's from.

And no, he isn't the only blame. The Republican leadership is doing a lot of stupid stuff. They need to

be killing funding for a lot of departments of our government and only funding our soldiers soon, because

we will need them in a real bad way.

Have you ever considered being in a war against your own government? It may not be too far fetched.

Please don't misunderstand me. I would vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat. If he can make it

to the top of a ticket I will be like Michelle (my belle) and say I am once again proud.

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
Guest lostpass
There isn't going to be any one-on-one debate between O and Gingrich.

My personal opinion is that there is no more than a 30% chance that there will be an election next November. We'll have an 'emergency' requiring an executive order delaying the election until a more 'opportune' time.

Yeah, that's what people said when Bush was in his second term. And they made it sound believable as well.

The also said it about Clinton. I suppose they said it about Reagan. And probably Carter and the earlier Bush as well.

I could believe it about most those guys, if pushed, but not about Obama. For Obama to just skip an election is like a drunk saying "no" to free whiskey. It is the thing he likes the most, the thing he is best at and, perhaps, the reason he actually wants to be the president.

I think it would take more than Obama can pull out of his bag of tricks to suspend an election. Now,

maybe if his "Occupy" queers can pull off some real nasty stuff and allow him to try and declare marshal

law, you might see something along those lines, but I doubt us americans would tolerate it, at all. that

sounds so Maoist, doesn't it? The trouble is there would be a few barrels pointing back, mine included.

Guest lostpass
Noble sentiments, but if 3rd party vote puts O back in, hope you can live with them then, comrade.

- OS

You can pretty much vote for anyone in Tennessee, I might write in OhShoot but that won't matter much. This state is red all the way.Who ever gets the top of the R ticket wins this state.

You can pretty much vote for anyone in Tennessee, I might write in OhShoot but that won't matter much. This state is red all the way.Who ever gets the top of the R ticket wins this state.

Not necessarily this time around. A conservative who out-reds Mitt (ie all of them) on 3rd party might could bust that. Ron Paul says he won't. Yeah, he says he won't. Maybe somebody will have to make him the Veep to keep him to his word.

- OS

Guest lostpass

I suspect this election is already over. Anyone who runs to the right of Obama is on the crazy train and no one is going to run to the left.

Imagine you go before the American people and tell them the deficit is a huge problem. Your solution? Cut taxes. Obama counters with "raise taxes on the rich" Wonder how those solutions will play out.

Here's the rub, neither solution works but one sounds a lot more palatable than the other.

Then you bash Obama for the healthcare thing. Sounds great but if you're Mitt you advocated the same thing, if you are anyone else you kind of sound like an uncaring monster.

you;re anti war? You hate the troops.

I think a skillful politician has taken out all the major objections except the economy. That is Obama's weakness but capitalizing on that will be tough because it is seen as inherited.

I'll be really surprised if the next election doesn't go Obama's way. But I've been very surprised before...

....I'll be really surprised if the next election doesn't go Obama's way. But I've been very surprised before...

It really is hard to opine (even for me) with any real conviction one way or the other. As I've said often lately, the USA is in uncharted waters. I can't predict what I can barely even recognize.

- OS

Guest mikedwood

I had written a buncha stuff, hit "Post Quick Reply" and apparently the Internet gnomes got it. So I was going to retry it and saw this and if I wrote 10,000 words I won't do as well as OhShoot's statement sooo

It really is hard to opine (even for me) with any real conviction one way or the other. As I've said often lately, the USA is in uncharted waters. I can't predict what I can barely even recognize.

- OS

All I can say is yes sir that's summing it up very well.

Newt has made too many gaffes in too many areas (political/personal/media)to beat the odds. I can't take Cain serious! Ron Paul has the right ideas. The problem is that Dr. Paul wants to follow the Constitution and everything we do now is unconstitutional. That includes the strangle hold on the electorate by the two political parties. Without repealing the Seventeenth Amendment and going back to the Constitutional method for selecting Senators, (giving state governments some control back in government),reversing Marbury vs Madison (doing away with judicial review), pulling out of the International Police Force (actually having a national defense force per the Constitution), disband the Federal Reserve and revising the tax code (or repeal the Sixteenth Amendment if we can't write an equitable code) it doesn't matter who is President. It will still be the same corrupt business as usual.

We need to be a strong nation, as the Founding Fathers intended, and not a weak and toppling empire!

Edited by wjh2657

Newt aint it. Fellow has a bit too much baggage, like the condemning of Clinton's affair, while being in one at the same time... And now his immigration stance... Brilliant stuff.

IMHO he is the new flavor of the month.

O will get his second term. Why? Barring any huge mistake by O, it will be a default win. The GOP does not have a candidate to beat him with. Very much like how Bush got his 2nd term.

O seems to be doing a good job pushing responsibility for the debt, and how bad it is for the economy, off on Congress.

Running against Congress is a proven way to get re-elected as President.

Guest mikedwood

In the debate tonight on the "Patriot Act" Newt said ""I would look at strengthening it because the dangers that are posed are so great,"

Sorry guys that's so far away from what I'm looking for.

"There is a different body of law that relates to war," Romney said.

I dunno, I'm still having a hard time accepting that I need to give up much of anything out of fear of cave dwellers.

In the debate tonight on the "Patriot Act" Newt said ""I would look at strengthening it because the dangers that are posed are so great,"

Sorry guys that's so far away from what I'm looking for.

"There is a different body of law that relates to war," Romney said.

I dunno, I'm still having a hard time accepting that I need to give up much of anything out of fear of cave dwellers.

Alternative is a Yankee RINO.

"Everything's illegal in Massachusetts."

-- Tom Craven in Edge of Darkness

Guest lostpass
O seems to be doing a good job pushing responsibility for the debt, and how bad it is for the economy, off on Congress. Running against Congress is a proven way to get re-elected as President.

Yeah, congress is as popular as burlap underwear at a herpes convention, that is a good way to run. And you're right, Obama picks his opponents carefully, he beat the living crap out GWB last time around. If he can frame this the same way, Obama versus congress instead of Obama versus Romney, then it will be a relatively easy win.

And, at the end of the day, it won't matter too much because the difference between Obama and Romney is not all that large to start with.

Guest mikedwood
Alternative is a Yankee RINO.

"Everything's illegal in Massachusetts."

-- Tom Craven in Edge of Darkness

Sorry I'm not going to settle. Newt, Romney or Cain.

Tell you what OhShoot. If anyone but Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, I cannot and will not vote for them. Doesn't matter in Tennessee GOP is gonna carry it and my vote won't count towards anything but a "mandate" if the GOP does win.

So if you want to pm me your name I will write you in, and you will have a vote for you, as president of the USA! Cause anyone but Paul and I'm doing write in. I can promise you that. Might as well be you. Maybe the start of the TGO Party. And I'm serious.

If a write in is the best I can do to say NO to the Republicans and the Democrats. maybe someone will catch it if more people vote off the expected ticket. And maybe one day 1,000 years from now it will have caught on enough to matter.

All of them are RINOs. Except Paul and maybe Bachman.

...If anyone but Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, I cannot and will not vote for them. Doesn't matter in Tennessee GOP is gonna carry it and my vote won't count towards anything but a "mandate" if the GOP does win. ...

Traditionally, that's true. Tradition could be broken, though, if Paul goes third party. Paul could conceivably give O the win in several states if he does.

- OS

OH REALLY?, Compare Newt's gaffs to BHO's or even Biden's alone. :)

RPaul does have some good ideas but they would never happen unless we could fill "like-thinkers" in both the house and senate and Mr. Paul may be dead by then.

The post is about Gingrich, not OBama or Biden. I am a conservative Independent and wouldn't vote for Obama so he is a non-issue. Excusing Gingrich's major blunders by pointing to the oppositions' flaws is not going to get it in this election. The Republican Party needs to forget OBama bashing and come up with a viable Conservative candidate as a solution, not as the least of two evils! IMHO, Independent voters will not go for Gingrich.