Gringrich Smartest one in the Bunch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cain/Gingrich is my dream ticket.

Fresh face outsider with bold, real-world based ideas and the former speaker of the house that knows government backwards and forwards = Win in my opinion. Also gets Gingrich in the back door, as his prior crucifixion by the media probably prevents him being elected at the top of the ticket.

I have to admit to being shallow in my rejection of Newt. I thought he had a terrible name Newt Gringrich rhymes with the Grinch who stole Xmas And it doesn't sound presidential, Seemed to be rather arrogant and he has made some mistakes especially in regards to sitting for a commercial with Peolisi, but when I listen and pay attention to what he says. I like Him more so than Cain. Perhaps the ticket should be Gringrich/Cain 2012 "The Bambi Busters "

He is very good at what he does, but he has also

done some dumb things, like you mentioned. I

could take him as a VP. He would be valuable

in that role instead of just a figurehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gingrich might be the smartest one but does he have common sense? What has he done other than teach and be a politician? Could he function in a real world environment? Like, figuring out what a problem is and take corrective action? I do like Newt and would have no problem voting for him. Now Cain, on the other hand has all real world experience. I would have no problem voting for him. It is interesting. Anyone of the candidates would be better at president than the blue state leader.

oldogy

Newt has a way with articulating that most politicians don't. Romney is too canned and

has changed positions too often. Perry is a maybe for being a populist, but is lacking

somewhere. Bachmann is good at articulating, also, but can be off some. I like her, though.

Santorum, I want to like him, but something ain't right. He used to be another type of pol.

I can't disagree with most anything Paul says. I like him because of his consistency. I just

doubt he can win the top spot. His son is better with speaking.

All I can say about Cain is I definitely like him and I hope the country club doesn't screw with

him. If he stays where he is and is strong to the convention, I hope he gets to sing

"Imagine" after his acceptance speech and picks Newt as his VP.

Newt is the most politically-savvy and intelligent candidate. But I won't vote for him. He has some moral and ethical problems that I cannot get past. Having an affair with a staffer in 1985 may have led to the failure of the 'Contract with America'. And his behaviour in May shortly after announcing his candidacy didn't show good judgement (Going on vacation to Greece for two weeks).

I would highly recommend that the winner of the Republican nomination choose Gingrich for a major Cabinet post. But he would not make a good President.

Newt is an interesting fellow. His relationships w/ healthcare companies who commit fraud is quite surprising for anyone who pokes around.

During a "Health and Wellness" lecture on Feb. 19, 1994, Gingrich touted tax-exempt medical saver accounts championed by Golden Rule Insurance Co. as nothing less than "the most important new idea in health care." Golden Rule donated an undisclosed sum to the Progress and Freedom Foundation, Golden Rule Chairman J. Patrick Rooney gave GOPAC $95,150 and Rooney and his relatives have contributed $7,415 to Gingrich's campaign committee since 1992. Later in the lecture, Gingrich introduced the subject of "quality in health care as exemplified by HealthSouth, which is a rehabilitative hospital system that's doing tremendous work." HealthSouth contributed $15,000 to the course. In addition, its employees gave $29,850 to Gingrich's campaign in the 1994 election cycle.

Gingrich's College Course Linked to Republican PAC : Politics: House panel is reviewing complaint about its financing. Speaker maintains his class is nonpartisan. - Page 3 - Los Angeles Times

It's just a sad selection, except for the "fringe" candidate that lost by less than 1% in the Iowa straw poll.

The thing about Paul that makes me half way trust him, is the way the media despises him. Given that the media is owned by 6 corporations, who's boards of directors sit on other companies which stand to gain or lose a lot of .gov $$$, this makes me feel somewhat good about him.

What is surprising is that we have an awesome tool, called Google. Combine that with the right search terms and you can find government and business information that will paint an accurate picture of all of the candidates, yet most folks still rely on the media to tell them who to vote for.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Iowa Republican caucus-goers shows Gingrich with 32% followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney at 19%. Georgia businessman Herman Cain, who led in Iowa last month, drops to third with 13% of the vote. Texas Congressman Ron Paul draws 10% of the vote in Iowa, while Texas Governor Rick Perry and Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann each grab six percent (6%).

2012 Iowa Republican Caucus - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

He lacks the type of personality that draws votes --- not much one can do about that, but he is just a little bit blunt at times, seems to be short, busy, or irritated or something whenever he answers a question. I like him too, and in his place would probably be even more blunt, but then, I wouldnt get elected either... He has a LOT of political experience but that drags in a LOT of baggage. We have seen how well it works out to have someone who has zero experience, maybe its time for someone who has been around.

Where is it written that superior intelligence makes a superior president? I want a principled conservative leader, not a tax accountant.
There are different types of intellect. Few of the candidates and fewer still of the presidents we have had were morons. Almost none of them seem to have/had science/math/engineering type smarts. Plenty of them seem to have lawyer smarts, good memory, good with words, good with psychology, that sort of thing. None of them seems to understand even basic math, for example a word problem: if you have $5, and you go to the store and put $10 worth of stuff in your cart, how much money do you have after you check out? Show me a president that understands that word problem, and we might have a chance.

I like Gingrich. He's flawed, as are we all, his experience in government, his intelligence, his ability to think on his feet and argue a point of view intelligently, are things I like. He might not be my primary choice in the number one position, but if he was to partner with Cain, and if Cain used him as a working VP rather than just as an alternate President, I think it would be a good team. Bottom line, I'm a ABO (Anybody But Obama) guy. I will vote for whoever wins the GOP ticket becasue I believe that anything else is a vote for the Dems.

Edited by barewoolf
Guest .45packer

Newt does in fact have some baggage, BUT at least he has brought it out front and dealt with it. Unlike Mr. 9-9-9 who can't remember what happened and even though he's paid "hush" money to a couple still denies any wrong doing. Nice try, but I'm not buying it.

... I will vote for whoever wins the GOP ticket becasue I believe that anything else is a vote for the Dems.

I have voted third party sort of as protest and sort of as hope to actually foment one twice but yep, this election I'm urging everyone to vote GOP if they nominate Satan himself -- I feel it's that important to nuke Obama. I thought I understand how much power a US president wields, but I woefully underestimated.

And hell, I think the GOP sucks almost as bad as the Dems, but no matter what, O has got to Go.

- OS

Newt does in fact have some baggage, BUT at least he has brought it out front and dealt with it. Unlike Mr. 9-9-9 who can't remember what happened and even though he's paid "hush" money to a couple still denies any wrong doing. Nice try, but I'm not buying it.

I'm not trying to campaign for anyone, but I think one thing has been made clear from Mr. Cain's past. He did not participate in any of the out of court settlements which may have taken place in response to the accusations against him. On some level it may be hard to grasp, but it's a very common in civil litigation. The insurance company/if self insured, the board of directors will be the normally be the ones who make a business decision as to whether or not they make any offers or payments, and this is ordinarily done without the permission of the person they represent.

with regard to the O/P...I think Newt is a very intelligent guy and would make a better President than what we have now, and he would also make a smart choice as a VP. Is he perfect? No, none of them are. None of us are perfect. We all have bumps and warts. Why would we expect our politicians to be any different? Just know that if we sit around and wring our hands waiting for the "perfect" candidate, we'll end up with four more years of Obamanation. Just remember, anyone running is a better choice than the current White House occupant.