Ken Hackathorn • Tactical Handgun • Greeneville, TN • Dec. 10-11, 2011

Alright folks, Ken Hackathorn is coming to East Tennessee.

If you don't know who Ken is, here's a short bio:

Ken Hackathorn has served as a US Army Special Forces Small Arms Instructor, Gunsite Instructor, and NRA Police Firearms Instructor. He is currently an FBI Certified Firearms Instructor, Certified Deputy Sheriff with Washington County SO, Ohio, and a SRT member and Special Response Team trainer. Ken has trained US Military Special Operations forces, Marine FAST and SOTG units and is a contract small arms trainer to FBI SWAT and HRT.

Ken has provided training to Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies and been active in small arms training for the past 25 years. He has written firearms related material for Guns & Ammo, Combat Handguns, Soldier Of Fortune, and currently American Handgunner and contributed to at least six other gun/shooting journals. Ken was also a founding member of IPSC and the IDPA.

The class will be held at TAC2 in Greeneville, TN.

Though there are no prerequisites for this class, it is not for beginners. Be honest with yourself about your abilities before you sign up. At the same time, this isn't HSLD, so if you're safe and have had previous training, you'll likely be good to go.

Class will run from 8:00 am to dark thirty on Saturday and 8:00 to 5:00 pm on Sunday.

You will need 1000 rds. pistol ammo, flashlight, and normal shooting gear.

Cost is $350. Deposit of $200 required to hold spot in class. Remaining $150 due a week prior to class date.

The first class filled up before it was announced, so if you're interested, you'd better jump on this one. If you have any questions, post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Edited by JWinTN
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, this is a great opportunity for training in this area. I don't have any dog in the race other than if this is successful, other classes may follow. I would like to see more classes in this area to cut down on travel expenses to places like NC, NOVA, and OH.

If you don't think you can attend but know someone who might be interested, I would appreciate if you could pass the word.

Again, let me know if you have any questions about the class.

Let me echo the thoughts of others and say that this is indeed a great opportunity to train with a virtual encyclopedia of firearms knowledge. Ken is truly a legend in the firearms training arena and probably the most knowledgeable gun guy you will ever meet. What makes Ken so great as opposed to some trainers out there today is that is he an excellent teacher. I took this class last year and I can honestly say it was well worth the time and money. This is a chance to train with one of the preeminent firearms trainers and a great opportunity which hopefully some of you will take advantage of.

For those who don’t know it Ken is getting a little older and stated that he isn’t traveling around as much as he used to. This coupled with the fact Ken is coming to the great state of Tennessee could well be one of the final opportunities some of you get to train with this man.

Again great opportunity and hopefully some of you will take advantage of it.

Folks, don't pass this up if you can help it. I was going to sell a gun to make sure I got in (ended up not having to).

If you're serious about pistolcraft, you don't want to miss this class.

ETA: I thought I'd share this quote from Todd Green: "You'll learn more just standing next to Ken listening to him talk than you will shooting on the line with almost any other instructor."

Edited by JWinTN
I'd love to go, but I just can't afford to do it. I hope this gets offered again sometime in 2012 as I'd love to train with Ken.

That's too bad.

Not sure if it will happen again in 2012. I do know that the last time he was here was 2000 or 2001. Hopefully we can get him back next year. Like I said, I was going to sell something to make sure I got in. I will be able to buy a gun next year, but I don't know that I'll get another chance like this to get a Hackathorn class this close to the house.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, I took this course of instruction over the weekend, and can report that it's worth every penny and then some.

I will also say that the December class will be one of the few remaining opportunities to train with Ken Hackathorn, especially this close to home. Don't pass it up.

• 2 weeks later...