EOtech Mounting Issue (With BUIS)

xRUSTYx

Hey Guys ...

Question for those that run an EOtech & BUIS. I mounted my EOtech last night (which went out without a hiccup) and immediately tried to dial her in. My main issue. My Iron Sights are Perfect (out to about 75 - 100 yards) and my EOtech, when mounted and dialed in to the iron sights, the rectile is terribly low.

The iron sights line up with the VERY bottom of the EOtech window? :popcorn:

Any suggestions? I can get a pic of my rifle posted this evening if that would help. Should I just go without the rear BUIS and dial in the EOtech with the front iron sight?

Any help would be appreciate for this AR noob :lol:

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went the other way. I dialed the Eotech at the range, and then dialed my irons into it. With my 512, They came up right in the middle of the Eotech, which I hated. I replaced my A2 front sight with a Yankee Hill flip-up, and the irons stay down and out of the way unless the Eotech dies.

+1 on the flip up BUIS, get a quality brand and they will be plenty accurate. I have some midwest industries on my AR and after initial site in, have never needed adjusting.

Here's a pic to better describe what I'm talking about.

This isn't my AR, but mine is very similiar.

See how the rear iron sight sits literally at where the EOtech window/plastic meets? When looking through the rear iron site, you are literally looking at the plastic bottom on the EOtech.

Am I right to assume, my iron sights will not match my EOtech? My fixed rear BUIS I think needs to be replaced by a flip up, so she doesn't get in the way when using the EOtech.

pix763854208.jpg

Yep. Looks like that Eotech is designed for a lower 1/3 cowitness with your irons. Personally, I don't like that setup with an Eotech. I think you're seeing what your are supposed to see. I used a riser under my 512, because it cowitnesses in the center of the Eotech without a riser. When I decided I hated it, I removed the riser and went with flip-ups. i don't think you can go that route without changing optics.

BTW... I like lower 1/3 with a round optic. My Aimpoint is mounted for lower 1/3 on my other rifle, and it's just fine. It's a regular A2 front sight, with a Magpul in the rear. The front sight doesn't get in the way when you're using the optic, but you still have a good sight picture when you switch to irons.

Guest HCRoadie
Go to the range and sight in your Eotech separate from the irons.

I concur. I independently dialed in my iron sights and Eotech. they co witness beautifully.

IMG_20111023_163418.jpg?t=1319405928

IMG_20111023_163514.jpg?t=1319405868

If you look really really hard, you can see the holographic in the second pic

Edited by HCRoadie