Any Trap Shooters Here?

I just started trap shooting two weeks ago. I've been going to shoot at the Cedar City Gun Club, located between Murfreesboro and Lebanon.

Cedar City Gun Club - Home

On Tuesday evenings, they have a "Fun Shoot". It is 50 targets and cost is $10. I shot my stock Remington 1100, 12ga. with 28" modified barrel. The only mod is a shell catcher to keep my hulls from flying out and scratching the $10,000 shotgun in the hands of the shooter to my right.

I can say that I have never met a nicer bunch of shooters anywhere. I was made to feel welcome as a new shooter. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that I had a safe and enjoyable evening. I went back the next Tuesday night and shot again. I think I'm hooked!

I met several folks that reload and was able to get some valuable info from them.

So, are there any others here that like to trap shoot? And where do you shoot?

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for bringing it up.We at Cedar City shoot a fun shoot on Monday nite which is Skeet and Tuesday nite

is trap.It is done where anybody has a chance to win and hope everyone has fun.We also have a 5 stand which at certain times can be pretty easy or challenging.Come see us and be sure and bring the shotgun!

Bill Denny

President CCGC

President TSSA

Guest WyattEarp

I used to shoot for my HS team way back when. Loved it, but have neither the time nor the money right now. I'd like to get back into it eventually at some point.

$10 for 50 targets? That include ammo, or is that just the range fee?

I used to shoot trap a little back in college (25 years ago) with a club. Fun times for sure. At the time I really wanted a Browning Citori O/U but couldn't afford one. I used an 870 Trap model, 30" barrel, full choke, monte carlo stock that did the trick just fine. It really adds fuel to the trash talk when you can out shoot folks with the high end guns by using a "common man's" gun.

I sold it a couple of years ago to fund another gun purchase since I never shot it much anymore. I miss it from time to time. Maybe one day I'll get that Citori...oh well.

I used to shoot for my HS team way back when. Loved it, but have neither the time nor the money right now. I'd like to get back into it eventually at some point.

$10 for 50 targets? That include ammo, or is that just the range fee?

That is just the range fee. Bring your own ammo.