Tennessee Firearms Task Force Cancelled For Now

I heard this on the news earlier today and ran across this article a few minutes ago. It appears that the flap over Curry Todd's troubles is behind this and is probably just the beginning of problems for us to come.

House Firearms Task Force Canceled—the Chairman Went to Jail | Pith in the Wind

House Republican leaders have decided to cancel meetings of their much-ballyhooed, brand new task force on gun rights rather than suffer an inevitable humiliation in the media. The task force chairman just went to jail for driving drunk with a loaded gun. Oops! "With the chairman otherwise occupied," GOP leader Gerald McCormick notes wryly, it might be smart to scrap this whole task force idea. The first meetings, scheduled for later this month by chairman Curry Todd, are definitely off, McCormick says, and he'll decide over the weekend whether do away with the panel altogether.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is only the latest example of the dangers of guns carried in public and underscores the futility of trying to predict who will act responsibly and who will ultimately endanger public safety,.” says Kristen Rand of the Washington, D.C.-based Violence Policy Center.

Does this liberal idiot realize that the gun stayed in its holster?

Has he been convicted of anything, yet? Let's see where this goes in a week before

claiming the battle is lost. that article in the Scene didn't impress me any more than

the "fish wrapper" Tennessean usually does.

I wouldn't dare drop the panel, anyway.

Election year coming up, moderate to liberal leadership, task force is a goner, and there will be no initiatives brought forth in the 2012 session to further any firearms issues.

Notice McCormick's statement "This is certainly of secondary importance right now," he tells the AP's Erik Schelzig. "I think at this time we need to double back and focus in on economic issues."

He has been no friend to the effort prior to now, why would he be at this point. If the "Task Force" had been meant to be anything other than schtick, it would have met several times during Summer Study.

The Republican leadership, both in the Governor's mansion and in the legislature gave the firearm-owner's community absolute NOTHING in 2011 and I'm sure they wish we would all just go away and be quiet in 2012.

If this troubles you the GET YOUR ASS INVOLVED - call, write, give PAC money to the TFA...don't just sit at a keyboard and complain about all the stupid, liberal anti-firearms people and do-nothing politicians because that is ultimately as useless as most politicians are.

Has he been convicted of anything, yet? Let's see where this goes in a week before

claiming the battle is lost. that article in the Scene didn't impress me any more than

the "fish wrapper" Tennessean usually does.

I wouldn't dare drop the panel, anyway.

Yep. Seeing the anti-gun babble when there was merely a gun present makes me want to see him beat the wrap, guity or not. Maybe that will keep the Tennessean from counting one more "gun crime". It was just another drunk politician. That's a real news flash.

Notice McCormick's statement "This is certainly of secondary importance right now," he tells the AP's Erik Schelzig. "I think at this time we need to double back and focus in on economic issues."

Yes, freedom and liberty are of secondary importance Mr. McCormick... /sarc off

Edited by TNinfidel
Fixin' the quote