Aloha! (Murfreesboro)

Aloha,

I just moved here from Hawaii about two or three months ago. I am currently residing in Murfreesboro, TN. I got into shooting when I went through police training academy in Hawaii. Just starting my gun collection with a Colt AR-15 6940, Mossberg 590, and a Glock 19. Hoping after I finish my degree to get back into law enforcement. I love shooting, never tried hunting (can't really hunt anything in Hawaii!). Lookin for some good places to shoot besides $ On Target here in Murfreesboro!

I already bought my first shotgun (Mossberg 590) here in Tennessee and I gotta say I love how easy it is to buy a gun here. In Hawaii you have to be 21 to own any type of firearm, you have to apply for a rifle permit, wait two weeks, go to the store, buy the gun, take the gun to the local police station(between 8am-4pm), register it, THEN take it home. Buying a pistol is worse. You have to do ALL the same things and in addition you have to take a handgun safety course before you apply for a permit. It's such a pain! Oh, and conceal carry.. Yeah, ain't none-uh-that... Lets just say I'm happy to be in Tennessee and I intend to make it home. :slap:

Anyway, looking forward to participating in the forums! Stay safe!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome guys! I have to see if my girl will let me go to the meet and greet. Spring Hill IS close and I hope I can go! How much is it?

(Willis68) - Nice! I was born and raised on the island of Oahu (1989-2011). =P I've been to the Big Island many times though. I love Hilo-side and driving up Mauna Kea for the sunset!