E-mail re: Soros and guns...

Got this tonight from a friend:

-------------------------------

"For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers.Some of the companies are Bushmaster,Marlin,Remington,DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.

Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news."

---------------------------------------------------

Now, I'm exhausted, but I looked and found these:

Freedom Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cerberus Capital Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, do you guys know anything about this, and what's really going on?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

John Snow is/was a member of Cerberus. He was the ex-CEO of CSX Corp. Never heard of any

involvement by Soros, but that doesn't mean much.

Soros, other than being a commie, has his own very successful investment fund. I heard it went

private this year.

John Snow is/was a member of Cerberus. He was the ex-CEO of CSX Corp. Never heard of any

involvement by Soros, but that doesn't mean much.

Soros, other than being a commie, has his own very successful investment fund. I heard it went

private this year.

Soros went private with his investment fund to avoid taxes and avoid scrutiny.

Wouldn't the Sherman anti trust act prevent the from buying up all US arms manufacturers.

You don't have to buy them ALL up. All you need is a controlling interest, and that could be as little as 10 or 20 percent, and you don't have to own the whole 10 or 20 percent, but control investors that have that much.

I'm not a financial guy, but that I think is the bare outline of what happens. Some of the financial guys can fill in the blanks. I'm pretty sure I'm not far wrong, but I wouldn't mind being educated.

Seen this kicking around firearms forums for couple of years now.

Anything's possible, but no credible evidence of it has surfaced to my knowledge. So even though it hasn't been "officially" debunked by Snopes or similar, I only give it 2A tinfoil status so far.

- OS

Seen this kicking around firearms forums for couple of years now.

Anything's possible, but no credible evidence of it has surfaced to my knowledge. So even though it hasn't been "officially" debunked by Snopes or similar, I only give it 2A tinfoil status so far.

- OS

^ This

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Guest mikedwood

I'll dig this one out.

I came across their website today Freedom Group Family of Companies And the wording of whats there throws up red flags to me. Thought it might be a joke so I did a whois and it shows the owner as Remington Arms

Company, Inc.

Some of the wording on the page.

Vision Statement

Freedom Group is the premier U.S. provider of firearms, ammunition and related products to a diverse set of global customers and markets. We are dedicated to design excellence, product innovation, speed to market, outstanding customer service and superior quality. We always treat our customers, employees, business partners, environment, community and nation with the highest levels of integrity.

Society

We produce environmentally sound products and only act within the law. We will not compromise our moral or ethical principles.

^^^ Just a couple of sentences from the site.

Then I find Cerberus on Wiki and speaking of a choice of names "Cerberus was always employed as Hades' loyal watchdog, and guarded the gates that granted access and exit to the underworld"

Done a little more looking and it seems that "The Freedom Group" is tied to Goldman Sachs through Cerberus. That's scary to me. Cause Cerberus got a bailout for Chrysler, I think to have a bailout ball must be played. So bailout and then start buying all the gun and ammo companies up. Where did they come up with all this money? I'm thinking Goldman Sachs, nothing gets out of Goldman Sachs alive lately, IE Europe and the Euro has pretty much been taken over by Goldman Sachs... Of course I guess any mention of billions brings the Sachs sharks out, none the less, Sachs is into way more than just "money deals"

Bob Nardelli is part of the "Freedom Group"??? If that doesn't tell you they plan for it to fail I don't know what does.

I could be wrong but this "Freedom Group" has some pretty strong links to the government bailouts. What was required to play in that? Considering fast and furious I wish I had more time to dig.

I'll dig this one out.

I came across their website today Freedom Group Family of Companies And the wording of whats there throws up red flags to me. Thought it might be a joke so I did a whois and it shows the owner as Remington Arms

Company, Inc.

Some of the wording on the page.

Vision Statement

Freedom Group is the premier U.S. provider of firearms, ammunition and related products to a diverse set of global customers and markets. We are dedicated to design excellence, product innovation, speed to market, outstanding customer service and superior quality. We always treat our customers, employees, business partners, environment, community and nation with the highest levels of integrity.

Society

We produce environmentally sound products and only act within the law. We will not compromise our moral or ethical principles.

^^^ Just a couple of sentences from the site.

Then I find Cerberus on Wiki and speaking of a choice of names "Cerberus was always employed as Hades' loyal watchdog, and guarded the gates that granted access and exit to the underworld"

Done a little more looking and it seems that "The Freedom Group" is tied to Goldman Sachs through Cerberus. That's scary to me. Cause Cerberus got a bailout for Chrysler, I think to have a bailout ball must be played. So bailout and then start buying all the gun and ammo companies up. Where did they come up with all this money? I'm thinking Goldman Sachs, nothing gets out of Goldman Sachs alive lately, IE Europe and the Euro has pretty much been taken over by Goldman Sachs... Of course I guess any mention of billions brings the Sachs sharks out, none the less, Sachs is into way more than just "money deals"

Bob Nardelli is part of the "Freedom Group"??? If that doesn't tell you they plan for it to fail I don't know what does.

I could be wrong but this "Freedom Group" has some pretty strong links to the government bailouts. What was required to play in that? Considering fast and furious I wish I had more time to dig.

Cerberus Capital Investment created the Freedom Group after buying Remington and other firearm related companies. I'm not sure why you think that the freedom group has "strong links" to government bailouts. Do you know what corporate autonomy is? Just because a corporate umbrella group invests in companies in a variety of fields doesn't mean it will intermingle the interests of those companies. Care to be more specifiic about the connections you mention so I can follow your reasoning?

Guest mikedwood

Cerberus Capital Investment bought Chrysler and Chrysler got bailed out then given to Fiat. Nardelli was the CEO of Chrysler at the time. They say it bothers Nardelli till this day that Chrysler was given to Fiat, none the less he almost killed Home Depot and Chrysler died under his watch (Though not his fault).

Just saying I think more digging might reveal... ??? Wish I had the time.

Yeah these big business guys all have a story behind them, but the link to politics is getting to be a muddy area.

Edited by mikedwood