beretta 9mm nano

laktrash

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am big Beretta fan, I have not heard the best things about this little LCP. It's not something that is on my "to be acquired list" so I have not read the details.
250 thru mine without problems. The gun works, though like all small guns it has its trade-offs. Its not a little copy pistol, its a new design not a stolen one. Unless LCP could mean something else? I thought that was what it stood for...
250 thru mine without problems. The gun works, though like all small guns it has its trade-offs. Its not a little copy pistol, its a new design not a stolen one. Unless LCP could mean something else? I thought that was what it stood for...

Sorry......... LCP is a Ruger term I guess but I used it generically. I guess some of them are working fine and some are not. As I said, I have not read any of the details. Just seemed like lots of folks were having trouble with them over on the Beretta Forum.

Sorry......... LCP is a Ruger term I guess but I used it generically. I guess some of them are working fine and some are not. As I said, I have not read any of the details. Just seemed like lots of folks were having trouble with them over on the Beretta Forum.

As with anything new there are "growing pains". That said there is only 1 post about a broke one, the rest are FTE because of underpowered rounds. I haven't had mine out since my inital trial but I was using some of the worst underpowered ammo made.

I picked up mine a week ago off of Gunbroker.com. I liked the look and the size of it. I also like the fact that it is a modular chasis, like the Sig P250. I will be curious to see what other platforms Beretta will bring to market that will use the same fire control unit. Like others have noted, the recoil is very manageable for a gun this size. A 50 round box at the range won't leave you wishing for a shooting glove. Accuracy is also a pleasant surprise. The trigger is a bit long, but it has been smooth and not heavy. I would like a mag with a pinky extension, but for now, a Hogue slip on grip gives me good control. Unfortunately, it has definitely had some "growing pains". Just like several others have reported on the Beretta forum, I have had a lot of FTE. It has nothing to do with the ammo, I have shot about 100 rounds of Winchester White Box, from where else, Wall-Mart. (I think that this has gotta be the most common range ammo in TN) Any way, the first 50 rounds would FTE about half of the time. Every mag would FTE for the first 3 or 4 rounds, then the remaining would function fine. The second 50 rounds produced only about 6 FTE. So I am unhappy with the reliability, but at least it is trending in the right direction. If this thing still having issues by 250 rounds, it is going back to Beretta. If it works out bugs by 250, I am going to need another 250 trouble free rounds of ball ammo and 50 rounds of carry ammo (Hornady Critical Defense) on top of that before I would begin to feel confident about carrying it. I believe Kimber and a few other manufacturers recommend a break in period with their guns, it might be that Beretta should advise the same. There is nothing in the literature or the pistol's web site that mentions break in.