Lee Auto-Disk leaking

Guest SMZRU275

Guest SMZRU275

I use the Lee Auto-Disk powder dispenser with the dual disk expansion for loading.The first powder I used was H322 and it was fine, but when going to W748 and H110 it leaks terribly. After a charge is made, the top of the disk is covered in powder and it throws powder out onto my bench after it builds up on there.

I've tried several solutions I've read regarding this happening, wiping out with dryer sheet the hopper and charge die, putting paper in between the disk to tighten clearance, but still nothing has changed.

Any other suggestions on what else to try, or at worst other powder dispensers to use with the Lee Turret press?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem with mine, it made such a mess I quit using it.

Any powder thrower that fits a standard die thread pattern should work. The problem I ran into is that anything much bigger than the Auto Disk will cause rotation problems. It caused the turret to lean, and often bound up. That was one of many reasons I wound up going to a different press.

Guest SMZRU275

I do plan to go to a different press next year. I didn't research enough before buying it, and the primer collection in the base is a pain, along with the headaches of the Auto-Disk.

My last option is what they list on the Lee site for this issue, sanding down the sides of the hopper to lower its clearance to the disks. Just kinda ****ty to know it's such a problem to have a FAQ on it, instead of redoing the hopper.

Keep thinking of going Dillon 650 next year.

I went from the Lee Turret to a Dillon 550. Big difference. :(

I had to make three or four calls to Lee's customer service for various issues, I was generally unimpressed. Not with their service, but with the fact I had so many issues. I might have just had a lemon of a press, though. Lots of people seem to like theirs.

I avoided the double disk setup in favor of just hitting 2 charges on my rifle rounds. Its a little more trouble to pull the handle twice, but its not really bad, minimal force and movement. Mine does not leak at all, using mosty stuff like accurate 2230 or #5, and a few other brands that are all bigger/fatter than those.

I went from the Lee Turret to a Dillon 550. Big difference. :hat:

I had to make three or four calls to Lee's customer service for various issues, I was generally unimpressed. Not with their service, but with the fact I had so many issues. I might have just had a lemon of a press, though. Lots of people seem to like theirs.

I had a Loadmaster that was a lemon.

W748 and H110 I'm not familliar with. So with that in mind is it sall ball type powdwers like AA#2 & AA#5??

I tried the Accurate Arms # 2 & 5 with my Lee pro auto disk & it leaked all over. I acually changed to a RCBS Turret press with a little dandy measure & started using Unique powder too.

I do beleive the Unique will work fine in the Auto disk just because it is not ball.

W748 and H110 I'm not familliar with. So with that in mind is it sall ball type powdwers like AA#2 & AA#5??

I tried the Accurate Arms # 2 & 5 with my Lee pro auto disk & it leaked all over. I acually changed to a RCBS Turret press with a little dandy measure & started using Unique powder too.

I do beleive the Unique will work fine in the Auto disk just because it is not ball.

Must be a quality control thing, I have used a lot of 2 & 5 & 2230 and other ball and mine does not leak. It has plenty of other minor issues... the disk/volume chart is a work of fiction, the on/off rotation cannot be used without breaking it, and the chain safety thing never did fit right, but leaking, not happening with mine. Maybe I got lucky.

Guest SMZRU275

So I tried the fix listed on Lee's site and sanding down the sides of the hopper to lower its clearance to the disks. I only loaded 25 rounds with H110 last night, but so far no leaking at all. Once I get the issues I'm having with the brass figured out I'll do a large batch load which will really test out how well this worked.