Lowers..

Guest Cobra

From time to time I pick up a Shotgun News. Thumbing thru I run across adds for lowers. If buying 30 or so you get a cheaper price as one would expect. FFL would be required I know. Would a dealer be able to sell an individual that many at once or would one require a FFL to purchase that many. Just thoughts on my mind.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a conversation with my transfer agent today about that very subject. Seems another customer ordered a dozen stripped lowers to be sent there. They checked with ATF to make sure there were no special requirements, violations, etc. ATF confirmed the dealer/customer was good-to-go.

There's no federal limit on how many you could buy. Whichever FFL you transferred it through would clean house with transfer fees though. :D

That is sad BK.

My FFL only charges one fee and one background no matter how many guns are done at a time. I have had him hold a gun or 2 until my next one came in and do them all at one time.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Wouldn't be so bad if the transfer fees weren't also insanely high at most places around here. Lots of $50-100 fees. No thanks.

The FFL dealer I use only charges $20, so it wouldn't be TOO bad.

Still, there's no point in charging the fee per gun. It's not like the background check is going to approve someone for one and then not approve them for the next one 2 minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest bkelm18
The FFL dealer I use only charges $20, so it wouldn't be TOO bad.

Still, there's no point in charging the fee per gun. It's not like the background check is going to approve someone for one and then not approve them for the next one 2 minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The transfer fees aren't for background purposes. They're just so the dealer can make a little money doing the transfer since you didn't buy the gun from them.

Does the state charge the dealer by the gun, or do they let them submit multiples for the same charge?

The state only allows 5 guns on one BC and then you have to sumbit another BC for the next five and so on. The transfer fee is ca conveinece charge from the store doing the transfer and I told that varies in this area.

The state only allows 5 guns on one BC and then you have to sumbit another BC for the next five and so on. The transfer fee is ca conveinece charge from the store doing the transfer and I told that varies in this area.

I’m not asking what the dealer charges, I’m asking what the state charges the dealers. I assume the dealers pay the state for each background check? I doubt TBI does anything without their hand out.

I’m not asking what the dealer charges, I’m asking what the state charges the dealers. I assume the dealers pay the state for each background check? I doubt TBI does anything without their hand out.

That's what I answered. :slap: The State charges $10 for each background check and each background check can have total of 5 guns on each one. If a dealer charges more than that it is their own policy not the states. The transfer fees are purely the FFL's discretion.