Forbes Magazine says Memphis is second most dangerous city in the country

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JeremyD901

I live in Memphis and this comes to no surprise. The news here is depressing murder after murder and here in the past week I've heard of like 3 home invasion. Thankfully two of the occasions the thugs were were shot.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

There was a story in the Tennesseean yesterday that said that Tennessee has the HIGHEST rate of crimes with guns of any state in the nation. Only Washington DC is worse.....

There was a story in the Tennesseean yesterday that said that Tennessee has the HIGHEST rate of crimes with guns of any state in the nation. Only Washington DC is worse.....

TN is the worst - worse than DC (which ranks third, behind SC)...

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

DC is the worst when looking at murder rates (TN is 12th).

Guest ArmaDeFuego
TN is the worst - worse than DC (which ranks third, behind SC)...

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

DC is the worst when looking at murder rates (TN is 12th).

Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

"People were more likely to be victims of a violent gun crime here than in any other state in the nation, according to a Tennessean analysis of FBI statistics. Only Washington, D.C., had a higher rate of gun violence. Tennessee came out worst in the nation in the rate at which its residents are victims of aggravated assaults with a firearm and fifth-worst in robberies."

Edited by ArmaDeFuego
Guest ArmaDeFuego

The murder rate with guns isnt as high as TN as in several other states. We're way ahead in assaults though. Just reinforces my decision to start carrying. :lol:

Guest TresOsos

I sure anyone who knows anything about Memphis/Shelby County is not surprised by this.

I have no doubt that Memphis raises the State of Tn up in the crime statistic category.

Guest Roadkill Bill

I live inside the loop here in Memphis, just one block from the hood, and I can hear gunfire on any given night. I'm packing when I take the dog out. Some ah, . . . Democrats, shot one guy who was walking his dog so his pet could be a warm up for a dog fight. It's pretty bad when have to protect your German Shepherd. Can't wait to get out of this blasted town.

Most of the violence is Democrat v Democrat.

I live inside the loop here in Memphis, just one block from the hood, and I can hear gunfire on any given night. I'm packing when I take the dog out. Some ah, . . . Democrats, shot one guy who was walking his dog so his pet could be a warm up for a dog fight. It's pretty bad when have to protect your German Shepherd. Can't wait to get out of this blasted town.

Most of the violence is Democrat v Democrat.

Most of the crime in Memphis is black on black drug/gang fueled crime. As I have stated before if this is not your lifestyle the odds of you being a victim in Memphis are very low.

Criminals will take advantage of opportunities when you let your guard down, but the odds are that their crimes will be committed against one of their own.

I know, someones car has been broken into or someone you know got robbed. I still maintain that if that happened they were victims of a criminals opportunity at that moment.

If the law would nuke these bastards when they start their lives of crime in elementary school we would not have so many repeat offenders.